Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

This is my first post. I have a silver 2006 300 SRT8 since 1 year and I really enjoy it! This the best car I ever had! My last car was a twin turbo S4 running at 25 psi of boost... But I really prefer the sound of a big V8! It is my daily driver and it has seen its first winter here in Canada! Not too bad... a lot of drifts in the corners... Last summer did [email protected] mph. Lookking to improve that this summer!

Here is my problem with the NoEsp switch: When I hold the esp button during 5 seconds, NoEsp comes into action and BAS and ESP lights come on. However I can still turn off or on mr. squiggles and it still slightly interacts when doing donuts!?? Do you have an idea if it is normal or if I can do something about it?

Thank you for your Help! I wanted to show you some pictures but had a hard time... filesize
is too big...

CharleySRT8

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Hi Charlie. Welcome to 3CF from Ottawa!

You need 5 posts to put pictures up (helps keep the spammers off our site).

On the SRT8, if you simply touch and release the ESP button, it puts you in a more aggresive mode - meaning that the brakes do not interfere as soon.

If you hold it down (for at least 5 seconds) then release, there is no ESP intervention, but the ABS does stay activated.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It appears that my srt8 wasn't like this... Because when I held the esp button for 5 sec and more, nothing happened...
That's why I ordered a NoESP switch to be able to COMPLETELY disable traction control, ABS and everything that could interferes with having fun.

So now, with the NoESP switch installed, when I hold it for 5 seconds, all the three yellow lights appears on the dash (ESP, ABS and mr. squiggles). However, it seems like something is still interfering especially when doing donuts in snow or other surfaces with less traction. I also noticed that the mr. squiggles lights goes on and off when traction control is interfering, even though the switch is activated... I did some research and found a post on another forum:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

I have an early build (6/04) and have only a BAS light in the dash. When I installed my NoESP it clicks turns the bas light and I can get sideways no problem. The only issue is Mr. Squiggles still blinks! Does this mean the trac control is still enabled? I thought it was supposed to diasble everything? Oh yeah I cut the wrong wire, and didn't do a great job crimping it back together and it caused my shifting into third issue. I have to assume at this point that the other violet with blue stripe wire is the tranny speed sensor wire. I recrimped it and all is well. Anyone have similar issues?

The Brake Lock Differential function is still active, no matter what method you use to disable ESP (full off on an SRT, NoESP, RTJunkie, GSM, key cycle)

It's the electronic Posi system DCX adopted (basically came for free with the ABS controller) on the LX cars. One wheel slips, it applies one rear brake to force torque to the other wheel. Makes for great posi burnouts, doing donuts, etc... but if there's lots of traction (like going from parking lot to older rough pavement) then it can impede on the fun. I think the software for older builds flashed Mr Squiggly during wheelslip regardless of ESP mode.

Of course disabling BLD would be bad for two reasons: you'd end up with peg-legging (one wheel burnous), and the little spider gears in the rear spin like mad when peg-legging, so you'd likely blow the rear prematurely.

Of course installing a Qualife LSD would make it all better, but who wants to spend $1500? Maybe Eaton will make a cheaper locker one day...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Does anyone have heard about this or experienced the same problem? It seems that I will have to live with it. Maybe
the traction control disable on the Predator is the other option...

Thank you!

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
is this the same on the 300c?? i have tried a few times without much luck.....
On the 300C, you only get a partial disable, by touching the button. Holding it down longer has no further effect.

It appears that my srt8 wasn't like this... Because when I held the esp button for 5 sec and more, nothing happened...
That's why I ordered a NoESP switch to be able to COMPLETELY disable traction control, ABS and everything that could interferes with having fun.

So now, with the NoESP switch installed, when I hold it for 5 seconds, all the three yellow lights appears on the dash (ESP, ABS and mr. squiggles). However, it seems like something is still interfering especially when doing donuts in snow or other surfaces with less traction. I also noticed that the mr. squiggles lights goes on and off when traction control is interfering, even though the switch is activated... I did some research and found a post on another forum:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

I have an early build (6/04) and have only a BAS light in the dash. When I installed my NoESP it clicks turns the bas light and I can get sideways no problem. The only issue is Mr. Squiggles still blinks! Does this mean the trac control is still enabled? I thought it was supposed to diasble everything? Oh yeah I cut the wrong wire, and didn't do a great job crimping it back together and it caused my shifting into third issue. I have to assume at this point that the other violet with blue stripe wire is the tranny speed sensor wire. I recrimped it and all is well. Anyone have similar issues?

The Brake Lock Differential function is still active, no matter what method you use to disable ESP (full off on an SRT, NoESP, RTJunkie, GSM, key cycle)

It's the electronic Posi system DCX adopted (basically came for free with the ABS controller) on the LX cars. One wheel slips, it applies one rear brake to force torque to the other wheel. Makes for great posi burnouts, doing donuts, etc... but if there's lots of traction (like going from parking lot to older rough pavement) then it can impede on the fun. I think the software for older builds flashed Mr Squiggly during wheelslip regardless of ESP mode.

Of course disabling BLD would be bad for two reasons: you'd end up with peg-legging (one wheel burnous), and the little spider gears in the rear spin like mad when peg-legging, so you'd likely blow the rear prematurely.

Of course installing a Qualife LSD would make it all better, but who wants to spend $1500? Maybe Eaton will make a cheaper locker one day...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Does anyone have heard about this or experienced the same problem? It seems that I will have to live with it. Maybe
the traction control disable on the Predator is the other option...

Thank you!
Charley, since I do some road course lapping, I did install the Quaife and I use the Predator to quash traction control.

It seems like your car is simply protecting your differential from all that huge torque destroying the innards..

It is just my personal opinion, but I do not recommend that anyone disconnect the ABS, unless you are in an "off-road" driving environment.

These cars weigh over 4200 lbs and have huge amounts of torque. Once you lose it, it can be very difficult to recover before hitting something solid . . . .

·
Banned
4,213 Posts
what northern rider said, i had the misfortune of losing the ass end once in the snow lucky for me i was in a open parking lot but boy was i close to the curb.....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The quaife sounds like a good idea, a bit expensive though...

Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts