Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I am new here but I have a 2006 SRT8 that I bought earlier this year. Due to the harsh winter I have only had a chance to wash them going through the car wash which does very little to clean my front rims. Does anyone have the best product for cleaning these bad boys and where I can get the product at? Spring is around the corner so I need my car to look great haha.

Thanks
Johnny

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Hi everyone, I am new here but I have a 2006 SRT8 that I bought earlier this year. Due to the harsh winter I have only had a chance to wash them going through the car wash which does very little to clean my front rims. Does anyone have the best product for cleaning these bad boys and where I can get the product at? Spring is around the corner so I need my car to look great haha.

Thanks
Johnny
Johnny, do yourself a favour and get yourself a set of DaveZ's Posi Quiet pads. You'll be amazed how clean your wheels will stay. Dave's a vendor here.

Here's the link to what you need - Chrysler 300C SRT8 Products: StopTech big brake kits, stainless steel braided brake lines, tires.

Here's the thread to show you how easy it is to do yourself - http://www.300cforums.com/forums/te...-how-installing-low-dust-brake-pads-srt8.html.

Here's what you need to do afterwards - Instructions for bedding in your brakes.

Bernie

·
Registered
335 Posts
Ditto to Rambit's suggestion

No more black rims for me. Its been 2 weeks now since I cleaned my car and they still don't look bad at all for how long its been.
Posi-Quiets all the way, no more 2 day cleaning.

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Does anyone know if Dave accepts paypal? I would like to gewt a set of front and rear pads for my car.
His site just says Visa, Mastercard, Discovery & Amex. Don't see a PayPal option.

EDIT: You can call and ask though - (800)222-8893 and press "2" for Sales

Bernie

·
Registered
41 Posts
Is there really a massive difference with the pads? I'm thinking about getting some new wheels myself...mine as well get these pads if they help!

·
Registered
3,286 Posts

Thanks
Johnny
as you are looking for a cleaning product, not new brakes pads, etc. etc.
try the meguiar's all wheel cleaner...
here is the link:
Hot Rims® All Wheel Cleaner G9524 Product Information
I have used this for almost 3 years on the normal finish and after I chromed my stock rims...
this is the best cleaner for our rims.
also try an extended brush - 18-20 inches to get the insides of the rim.
key item - read the directions.
keep rims wet, spray on, rub with brush and rinse immediately...
then you can keep whatever brake pads you have on your car...
if you want to go overboard you can wax them as well.
the meguiars detail spray cleaner has worked the best when I have done it.
(only 2x).
lates,
Chris Butler
cbutler32

1 - 9 of 9 Posts