Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd Like To Swap Out The Front Bumper/fascia And Headlight On My 2006 300 Touring To Make It Look Like A 300c. Will The Front Bumpers Interchange? At This Stage I Have An E&g Classic Mesh Grille Which I Hope Would Be Able To Be Reused In The Swap. Also, Has Anyone Replaced Their Headlights With Any Of The Aftermarket Projector Beam Light? If So How Well Do They Work. I'm Looking At The Lights From Wyckoff Chrysler.

Thanks, For Any Input.
Doug

·
Registered
470 Posts
do a search there's a few threads on here w/ people that did it and what's needed. good luck. be sure to post some pics when done!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Im stoked, I JUST did mine (an hour ago), im waiting on HID's and then im going to post the finished product!!! So simple dude, you need 2 300c headlights, either OEM or K2 will work. Your fogs can be used again but I bought new ones because mine were cracked. You need the 300C bumper which bolts right in with existing hardware and the 2 chrome bumper trims. You can use the grill you have now on the new bumper, not a problem. One problem I did run into is that the black foam on our tourings wont fit the C fascia so im going to go buy another one. PM if you need anything!!

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
I guess I just don't understand why everyone wants thier V6 to look like a V8... Chrysler made them different for a reason.

Whatever... It's been this way since the dawn of time and it will never change.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm also in the process of finishing this front end as well. Waiting on the projectors to come from K2. I'm going to reuse my touring fogs for now. Pics will be posted once complete.

As for your comment Inferno, there are endless ways to customize a car. If I wanted speed, I would have bought a SRT or not even a 300c at all. The design and style of these cars are hot.

Now if people were installing full exhaust systems, performance chip, CAI, gears, etc.. into a 300base/touring.... Then I would fully agree with you. I would not understand the point of that rather than just buying a C.

Customization to these cars are endless. I actually enjoy seeing the transformations. There are several aftermarket front bumpers for the 300, some are sharp, but expensive and others are hideous. Stock 300c bumper has a nice style along with the bigger fogs for a great price.

Just my .2 cents.

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
Sorry I still don't get it... But like I said, it's nothing new.. No different than the guy who put the GTO emblems on his LeMans back in the day.

And I know you are not pretending to be a C, you are not badging the car as a C and I appreciate that. I guess in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter because Jane Q. and John Q. Public have no idea there is a difference between a base, Touring or a C or an SRT8 for that matter. Only enthusiasts will notice.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hah I dont know what happend but it does fit. I went to the dealership looked at it and was like wow I had the right piece the whole time. You can use your touring foam absorber on the C fascia. I'll get a pic for you in a sec

·
Registered
297 Posts
I'm not done yet, but here are some teasers. I still have to install halos and my HIDs when ever they come in haha. Im not sure if im going to paint my headlight housings body color or not.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sweet. I Have The Bentley Grill To Swap Over. Do You Know If The Fog Lights Are The Same Size? I've Been Looking At The Projector Beam Headlights That Have The Black Backgrounds. Do You Know If One Typ Is Better Than Another. I've Bought A Bunch Of Stuff From Wyckoff. I Think I'm Also Going With The Clear Or Black Side Marker Lamps. Looking At The Photo, I'm Kinda Glad This Chick Ran A Stop Sign Last Week. Now I Can Revamp The Front. I'm Guessing That Since Mine Is A 2006 Touring I Need A 2006 300c Bumper?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Sweet. I Have The Bentley Grill To Swap Over. Do You Know If The Fog Lights Are The Same Size? I've Been Looking At The Projector Beam Headlights That Have The Black Backgrounds. Do You Know If One Typ Is Better Than Another. I've Bought A Bunch Of Stuff From Wyckoff. I Think I'm Also Going With The Clear Or Black Side Marker Lamps. Looking At The Photo, I'm Kinda Glad This Chick Ran A Stop Sign Last Week. Now I Can Revamp The Front. I'm Guessing That Since Mine Is A 2006 Touring I Need A 2006 300c Bumper?
The fog lights arent the same size unfortunately, the 300C fogs are slightly larger in diameter. But your touring fogs will work with some modification of the plastic that houses the fogs. I bought the C ones though. The bulbs are the same. The projector headlights that you are looking at will work and will probably be much cheaper. I didnt buy them becuase I already have 300C halos, and they wont work on those black projectors. I also wanted the stock look. But if I remember right those already have halos. As far as side markers go, the ones you have now are the exact same. I tinted mine myself, really easy. I bought my bumper from the dealership parts dept so I figured I might as well get an 06 and had no problems. I think theyre all the same though.

·
Registered
518 Posts
it had 10,000 miles when removed. has minor little scrapes on the bottom as most 300's do because the front sits so low.. let me dig up so photos. btw the front has the lowered plate mount already done. yes its a 2006. shoot me a reasonable offer

·
Registered
350 Posts
i actually have cool vanilla front and rear 300c bumpers available for sale if ur interested

ohh man i wantt that front and rear bumper!! but im a little far.. im in brownsville.... how much do u want for the facias.. or just for the front bumper?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Greggk, Where Would You Be Shipping The Bumper From? I'm In Summerdale,pa 17093. I Need A Front Bumper Due To Some Chick Blowing A Stop Sign And Mashing My Front End. I Haven't Been On The Web Or To The Dealership To Check Out Any Pricing Yet. Any Ideas On What You Would Want For The Front Bumper? I'm Working Through The Insurance Right Now. If You Want To Send Photos To My Email It Is [email protected]. Also, what do you mean about the lowered plate mount? Are they holes for a license plate?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts