Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took delivery of black 300 Touring on Tuesday. My initial impressions after about 120km:

Overall: Victoria is not a car culture kind of place. Even the wealthy toodle around in 10 year old Volvos. Any 300 stands out like a top predator.

Drivetrain: If you want a hot rod, look elsewhere. That said, the 3.5 six has plenty of juice for any normal driving situation. Highway cruising is effortless and there is more than ample torque for stop and go traffic. The 4 speed tranny is quite good, though not quite as inobtrusive as the 5.

Interior: I had originally been thinking of a wood dash kit, but the more I look at the standard interior the better I like it. Elegant, understated, and visually well balanced. The light leather and dark carpeting are a perfect match for the exterior colour.

Paint: The Black Crystal Pearl looks sensational in bright sunlight. In low light conditions it looks merely good. No complaints here.

Wheels: I opted for the standard alloy and am glad I did. They seem to complement the paint and the spokes make the car seem a little less massive. With some of the other colours though, like Magnesium, the chrome might be a better choice.

Delivery time: Four weeks from order to delivery.

Dealer experience: We had agreed on what seemed like a reasonable price to me (based on DC web site.) Upon delivery, however, I was advised that the dealer invoice was somewhat lower than expected so they cut the price an additional $600! A novel and unanticipated turn of events. They offered the extended warranty and paint sealant, but I declined and there was no hard sell. The salesman spent about an hour with me in the car explaining all the features.

Quibbles: Pretty minor so far. The passenger seat only has a powered lower cushion. The seatback recliner is manual. I had expected the latter to be powered as it is on the driver's seat. No tire pressure monitoring. "Late availability" must mean next year. Dealer advises that this cannot be installed after the car is built.

Altogether I'm delighted with the car. If you don't really need a hemi the T is definitely worh a look.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Congrats on the 300. Im a local as well here in Vancouver and I havent seen many 300's on the streets YET so do they stand out when you do see one coming down the street. Any plans to mod it? Rims?

·
Registered
104 Posts
JIMV,

I too am extremely happy with my Touring.

...also black!

I'm getting my windows tinted to 38% (true grey tint) this Tuesday. A bit darker than legal, but I'm not gonna sweat it cause it will look sharp!

I will probably get new wheels in the spring. Winter is coming soon.

I would also like to add a killer security system soon...

This car is sweet. I'm in love.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Me too guys. Traded in my 2001 M for a "T" that was on the lot. Cool Vanilla, moon roof, protection group, sound group, chrome wheels. I didn't need or want the Hemi as I found that the V-6 in the M was fast enough for me. The T seems a tad slower but I guess it's pushing an extra 500 lbs. around. Just fine though. I found that the steering seems to be tighter (which is good) and the ride is just solid.

Mike

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
300Con23s said:
Any plans to mod it? Rims?
Probably not. Although many other members here have added custom rims with good results I'd be a little concerned with the long term effect of adding extra unsprung weight and tire dimension to the suspension and brakes. Might also turn into a warranty issue. It would be ideal if better wheel choices were a factory option. I suspect they may be offered in upcoming model years.

I'm finding that the look of this configuration grows on me awfully fast. Clearly a lot of good design and engineering went into it. Things that I thought I might like to mod (e.g. grill and dash finish) now seem perfectly OK.

·
Registered
5 Posts
jimv said:
Interior: I had originally been thinking of a wood dash kit, but the more I look at the standard interior the better I like it. Elegant, understated, and visually well balanced. The light leather and dark carpeting are a perfect match for the exterior colour.

Paint: The Black Crystal Pearl looks sensational in bright sunlight. In low light conditions it looks merely good. No complaints here.
I recently got a black 300 Touring as well. When I first went to the dealer, I was surprised to find that it had a dealer-installed wood dash kit (I searched local dealer inventories online to find the car I wanted). I've grown to like the extra warmth the wood brings to the sleek gray on gray interior. OTOH, I'm sure I would have liked the stock look too.

The black sure does look good in bright sunlight, huh? :)

Bobby

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rwoodsco said:
When I first went to the dealer, I was surprised to find that it had a dealer-installed wood dash kit
Would be very interested to see it if you're able to post a picture.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts