Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the specs of the Charger i was suprised about how large the Charger is compared to the 300. I knew they shared the same design, but I guess from the pictures i visualized a smaller vehicle:

Charger larger (differences not major, but still):

- longer & wider & heavier than the 300C RWD

- larger cargo space than 300(!) (16.2 vs 15.6)

Even:

- identical front & rear legroom

300 scores:

- 1.8" more headroom for rear (identical for front)

PS: please don't flame my ignorance. i'm sure this is probably no news to everyone except me ;)

·
Registered
351 Posts
wow... that is a big car... i too thought from pics that it would be a little smaller.

·
Registered
186 Posts
In the past, the charger has been a big lady too but from the pictures she looked smaller than a 300. :confused:

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I think the Charger has a lot of potential to look good. Still needs a grille change from this rendition:

·
Registered
132 Posts
I am a Mopar fan from way back. I restore Mopar musclecars and factory race cars semi-professionally. I own several old, and, modern Mopars. I waited patiently for months and months for the new Charger and can't describe my extreme disappointment. Now, of course, this is my personal opinion and it's not going to change. Well meaning DCX "cheerleaders" have tried. I've been accused of everything from living in the past, to having a closed mind, to not being realistic, to being an idiot. All that doesn't really matter. I am not going to buy a car that I think is ugly.

Now on the other hand, It was love at first sight with the 300C. I was impressed with the looks and the performance from the start. So, upon being so disappointed with the Charger, I went right down to the local dealership and ordered an AWD 300C, which, btw, has been shipped and is due any day. For me, this was a no-brainer. Raka's post only re-enforced my choice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts