Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gang,

Since supposedly the 300 Station Wagon is for export only, does anyone know if Canada gets it? Or is it that North America itself does not get the wagon? Anyone have any insight into this? :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
mspeasl said:
Gang,

Since supposedly the 300 Station Wagon is for export only, does anyone know if Canada gets it? Or is it that North America itself does not get the wagon? Anyone have any insight into this? :confused:
If CA is already getting the Magnum, I don't see DC offering another wagon in that market place.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Canada, does not get the wagon, but if we did I might go for one because I don't really like the looks or the interior of the Magnum. This is only my opinion and sure don't want to upset anyone. :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jjs said:
If CA is already getting the Magnum, I don't see DC offering another wagon in that market place.
GMC and Chevrolet make the same trucks and they both sell the hell out of them. So why can't Dodge and Chrysler sell the same thing. One in the Dodge name and one a little more upscale in the Chrysler??

·
Registered
365 Posts
IMO, Chrysler's problem is that they also make the Pacifica, more station wagon than van, and they are probably afraid of the competition lowering Pacifica's sales.

·
Registered
336 Posts
The Pacifica is a great car without a real class identity...Where does it fit in the lineup? If the 300 were to be released in the U.S. the Chrysler prodcut line would be even more muddled. Pacifica is not the prestige vehicle DCX thought it would be, that much is for sure. However, take out some unnecessary content, throw in the HEMI (maybe detuned to 300 hp and quieter at full throttle) and AWD and offer it for $35,000 with a sharp chrome package and some good looking wheels and it will sell better than a similarly priced Caravan/T&C.
If you were going to introduce the 300C Touring (wagon) you would offer it only as a loaded boutique car... RWD or AWD, appearance package, interior package...the works. Sell it for $45,000 and you have a flagship with real grab. Anyone who wants less content and more power shops the Magnum over at Dodge.
The Pacifica as nice as it is will never have the pinache of the 300. In Europe, the 'Estate' cars (wagons) command the highest prices from BMW and MB and Audi. Why not offer a similar package with GRUNT for the U.S.?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
LWOOD said:
In Europe, the 'Estate' cars (wagons) command the highest prices from BMW and MB and Audi. Why not offer a similar package with GRUNT for the U.S.?
I agree and Chrysler has the car in place right now to do it with. In the 50's - 60's all of the OEM's had a full line in all of their models. What's the deal now days with the American OEM's building "Stand alone's". If you look at the "E" class, from which the 300 comes from, it has a complete line from wagons to sedans.

·
Administrator
14,573 Posts
Did we ever get it?...haha. Flash forward almost three years. How many in this present day would have wanted it to be built?

Bernie

·
Registered
215 Posts
Id say jsut buy a magnum and do a front end swap... how mcuh different could a 300 wagon look? on that note though, can someone post up pics of this wagon??

·
Registered
31 Posts
Guys, just so you know, in Canada, the Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep dealer are all under the same roof... They already have a lot of similar models (Sebring-Avenger, Charger-300, Nitro-Liberty, etc.) to sell... So I do see the point to add another model to the dealers, who already struggle to sell the Magnum.

·
Administrator
14,573 Posts
Hey grunt, how ya doin"?!!! I thought I'd dredge this thread up from almost 3 years ago. I think what the OP was asking was whether an actual 300C wagon would be coming out, not a Magnum with the 300 nose.

I know that's been done before and I'm assuming the pic you posted is one of them. Back to the OP's question... As you know in Europe it's actually a 300C, complete with all the options that are not available with the Magnum, i.e. HID's (till the 08's anyway).

I guess now that you'll be building the European cars you'll be building these as well for export. You guys must be happy about the extra work that means, plus the Challenger!

Speckler was on yesterday and sent me a PM. Both of you need to make yourselves more visible...haha. Any inside information you'd care to share...haha again!!!

Bernie

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hi Bernie, Doing good . No the 300C touring wagon is not available in N/America , would be a nice thing if Chrysler LLC offered it cause its a pretty sweet ride .I am sure they could sell quite a few of these in N/America. Yes we will be getting the Euro cars back to our plant for 2010 and Challenger will start this model year 2008.
I am around all the time , you just have to look for me

·
Administrator
14,573 Posts
Here is a 300C Magwagon at a local show ( yes its just a Magnum with the C front clip)
Hey that wouldn't have the first Kicker in it by chance if you KNOW what I mean???

Bernie

1 - 17 of 17 Posts