Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I was heading back home from Dallas and out of the corner of my eye I see this YELLOW THING! I could not believe it and almost fell over. Yep a yellow DFW taxi cab....this was not a private shuttle service.

I left thoroughly disgusted....

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
yes, i've seen them in houston too. the base 300 is very affordable. don't be disgusted, it's what you do with the car to differentiate it from the pack. your car is looking really good.

i joke with my superbee friends that the "yellow cab" is our 300 version of their bees.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Like I said on another thread when i was in Las Vegas and I called for a cab to go to the airport a 300 pulled up!Could not believe it.Again I am going to say it, here in NYC you see a handful of 300s and I dont mean yellow cabs!Some other members are getting rid of there cars because they said there are to many on the roads well not in NYC.Hey it wouldnt be to bad if the cab was a Charger because they do look good in yellow.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Just the cabie trying to make an xtra buck, you know... of all the cabs available you want the nicer ride.
there used to be a company called execu-cab that did this, luxury vehicles as cabbies..
but so kewl that you were here in Dallas, fleew into/out of Love Field Airport.
That's kinda my neighborhood, just a couple miles away from me actually.

Hope you enjoyed your stay... dont guess you got to ride the cab since you were so flabbergasted by it, huh?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I've seen tons of 300 cab's in Toronto but their black cabs, no yellow cabs.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why? It's a big, roomy, proven, economically priced base model sedan, with gobs of trunk room. It's not your SRT8.
I guess its the color and not that its a cab...it is yellow...like all other cabs. If it was any of the factory colors it would actually look cool and I'd probably want to hitch a ride.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just the cabie trying to make an xtra buck, you know... of all the cabs available you want the nicer ride.
there used to be a company called execu-cab that did this, luxury vehicles as cabbies..
but so kewl that you were here in Dallas, fleew into/out of Love Field Airport.
That's kinda my neighborhood, just a couple miles away from me actually.

Hope you enjoyed your stay... dont guess you got to ride the cab since you were so flabbergasted by it, huh?
Yeah it was a mess..there on business and was trying to fly into DFW on Tuesday when the nasty weather hit and the closed the airport. We had to stop in lil rock. Finally made it into DFW at 11 PM and almost all hotels were sold out. Had to stay at a homewood suites or something (only thing available) and I noticed a few bugs in the room. Next day flew out of lovefield to my destination of Austin (very cool town).

I love Dallas and actually the headquarters of the company I work for is their (Chase Paymentech).

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
desoto cabs in san francisco have a few 300c's in their fleet, yes, 300c's. actually riding in one was one of the reasons i bought my car. hahaha.

·
Registered
465 Posts
in vegas, i see tons of 300's and chargers as taxis. lets face it, chrysler made too many 300's so they filter all over the place. dont be suprised to see some 300's as drivers ed cars

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
well i must say if i saw a reg cab and a 300 cab sitting there i would take the ride in the 300...so you see it worked for that cabbie he just got a extra fair from me...:]

·
Registered
71 Posts
in vegas, i see tons of 300's and chargers as taxis. lets face it, chrysler made too many 300's so they filter all over the place. dont be suprised to see some 300's as drivers ed cars
Hmmm drivers ed cars. Then welll maybe possibly I could get one to drive from my employer. :)
Is it possible/could it happen???:scared:

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
*shrug* Think about it this way though, the 300 is common, but that's the only car that looks like that. The reason why taxi companies are using them is because 1. They're cheap (probably bought at auctions after rental car companies get rid of em), 2. They're really reliable, 3. They're roomy, and 4. They look great.

I've seen plenty of Charger, 300 and Magnum limos - seen Charger and Magnum cop cars too, what's so bad about it? In NYC they use almost anything as a taxi, lol.

Chances are good that any car you could trade your 300 for, is more common looking. That includes all pickups (Dodge, Ford, and GM sell more trucks than they do anything else), most midsize sedans (they all look like a Nissan altima these days or a BMW), and a lot of ugly coupes.

I think it's awesome :) Better to have our cars become popular taxi vehicles, than to have the former rental cars get thrown in the dump early like what happens with cars like Ford Tauruses and Chevy Imapalas because they're so damn boring.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
I guess its the color and not that its a cab...it is yellow...like all other cabs. If it was any of the factory colors it would actually look cool and I'd probably want to hitch a ride.
Well, then, I can understand that. It is a suckee color. I'd bet the cabbie would much prefer CV if he could have it!

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
man ... :( time for me to upgrade my base - regardless of how much i upgrade it - its still a base - damn :( :(
Not that you did, necessarily, but don't take my comment as a put down of your's or anyone else's base model. If you want more and can swing it, then yeah, upgrade away. In the meantime, enjoy what you've got. Hey! It is a 300! 'Nuff said.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
vegas also has them in turquoise and white. yuck.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts