Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have seen some similar issues but not quite what I'm dealing with. The extra challenge for me is that I live in Malta, a small mediterrrenean island where you can't find qualified mechanics and it's all botched work. I usually take the ferry and drive to Austria to fix it, but that's not an option atm, so can anyone help me out.

1. the mechanic here said it's unrelated but it seems like weird timing: First I got my stereo changed and they did some 'creative' cable work. It's now in the glove compartment and my old stereo is still mounted.. on the way home after a 20min ride the car died on me. All I got was the lightning symbol. I checked for error code? VMM419
  2. according to the mechanic it was the fuel pump and a sensor, which he changed (had to wait 2 months for parts here)
  3. when I picked up the car the lighting symbol was still on but the car started. He said 'it's driving, so what?' (welcome to Malta) and said I need to check with the computer (no one in Malta has a computer and he could only check Mercedes error codes). I just drove home literally 200m and didn't notice anything else
  4. on the next day the check engine light also came on and the car drives in 'limp mode'. No acceleration and I can't really go over 40mph. When I stopped it briefly worked normal again with 'just the check engine light' being on, but after the next start up it's back to limp mode
I read a lot about throttle body and computer reset?
Would it be save to drive a bit to get onto the car-train at least?

Any help here is appreciated.

·
Registered
2006 CRD Touring
2,749 Posts
Back in 2012, there was a forum member (Croolis) in Malta who posted fairly frequently. He did find a local Chrysler dealer with Starscan, but maybe he isn't there now. Might be worth trawling through Coolis's post to see if you can glean any useful info: Original parts for UK 300C's when you're not...

Alternatively, why not buy a decent diagnostic tool, such as AppcarDiagFCA, which I can recommend.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Back in 2012, there was a forum member (Croolis) in Malta who posted fairly frequently. He did find a local Chrysler dealer with Starscan, but maybe he isn't there now. Might be worth trawling through Coolis's post to see if you can glean any useful info: Original parts for UK 300C's when you're not...

Alternatively, why not buy a decent diagnostic tool, such as AppcarDiagFCA, which I can recommend.
thanks a lot. I called them and they told me they no longer do it. They referred me to the FIAT dealership.

·
Registered
2006 CRD Touring
2,749 Posts
FIAT are supposed to have all the necessary Chrysler tools and info, but in my experience with them, they have very little interest in Chrysler vehicles. Could be different in Malta and nothing to lose by finding out. A Jeep dealer might be better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts