Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
538 Posts
Chrysler already has a much better designed unit which retracts fully into the center console, FULLY protecting the LCD when not it use.

Your design makes it TOO easy for a kid to accidently kick the screen in that folded down position. I like the fact that the screen can be rotated, but I can't get past using the top of the screen as a "pedestal" when the unit is not is use.

JFF:D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Justforfun
Thanks for the info. Can you tell me the size of chrylers screen??? How much??? number of inputs etc??? A picture is you have would be greatif you have. We can always change the design IF their unit is really that much better.
Thanks Dominic :wave:

JustForFun said:
Chrysler already has a much better designed unit which retracts fully into the center console, FULLY protecting the LCD when not it use.

Your design makes it TOO easy for a kid to accidently kick the screen in that folded down position. I like the fact that the screen can be rotated, but I can't get past using the top of the screen as a "pedestal" when the unit is not is use.

JFF:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,418 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
Dom - I love your TVandnav2go product, and your customer service, but the mopar VES system is tough to beat for these LX cars.

The reason is the VES is so versatile and integrated. For example, you can have the DVD sound play through the car speakers. The rear passengers can select the AM/FM tuner, CD, or SAT and listen to that on headphones. They can change the stations, CD track too, if they want.

The driver can control the VES tracks using the nav unit tool. The console lid has a nice indent for the remote for the VES too.

The VES has aux in ports for audio and video. So ipods can be hooked up now. (or games).

The headphones have no separate antenna. They are precisely engineered to go off, when you step out of back seat and they will not play in the front.

I'm sure i've missed a thousand features but you get the idea.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
72 Posts
PICS OF set up?

Got any pics of the TVandNAV2GO 300c Armrest monitor set up DOM?

in a 300c or magnum rather than a BMW 7 (pic provided)

Ls
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
912 Posts
Headphones in Front???

hemiwagn said:
Dom - I love your TVandnav2go product, and your customer service, but the mopar VES system is tough to beat for these LX cars.

The reason is the VES is so versatile and integrated. For example, you can have the DVD sound play through the car speakers. The rear passengers can select the AM/FM tuner, CD, or SAT and listen to that on headphones. They can change the stations, CD track too, if they want.

The driver can control the VES tracks using the nav unit tool. The console lid has a nice indent for the remote for the VES too.

The VES has aux in ports for audio and video. So ipods can be hooked up now. (or games).

The headphones have no separate antenna. They are precisely engineered to go off, when you step out of back seat and they will not play in the front.

I'm sure i've missed a thousand features but you get the idea.

Is it true that the headphones will not play in the front? I have the 2006 300C stock VES and wanted my front seat passenger to be able to listen to another radio channel while I was listening to another. I was told by someone here that it would work OK in front. Never have tried it though. Thanks, regards, Bob.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
I only tried the driver's side, but yes, the headphone would not play any sound until you move your head roughly parallel to the VES screen (I guess the screen has a directional antenna in it). I'll try the passenger side tomorrow.

Also you can't each listen to a diff radio station. What ever the tuner is set to (by Tuner I mean AM/FM) is what plays through the VES headphones. However, you can have, say a CD or SAT on the vehicle speakers and the person with the VES headset can listen to what the tuner is set to.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
912 Posts
Thanks

hemiwagn said:
I only tried the driver's side, but yes, the headphone would not play any sound until you move your head roughly parallel to the VES screen (I guess the screen has a directional antenna in it). I'll try the passenger side tomorrow.

Also you can't each listen to a diff radio station. What ever the tuner is set to (by Tuner I mean AM/FM) is what plays through the VES headphones. However, you can have, say a CD or SAT on the vehicle speakers and the person with the VES headset can listen to what the tuner is set to.
Thanks. Please do try the passenger seat and let us know. My passengers don't like my Johhny Cash/Bluegrass albums on CD's. That's why I'd like them to be able to listen to Sirius or the radio. Regards, Bob.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
BobF said:
Thanks. Please do try the passenger seat and let us know. My passengers don't like my Johhny Cash/Bluegrass albums on CD's. That's why I'd like them to be able to listen to Sirius or the radio. Regards, Bob.
Bob tried it out today and unfortunately the headphones do not play in the front passenger seat either. The headset must be approx parallel to the VES screen position. I suppose it is possible with the seat all the way back and fully reclined, but I don't think that is what you had in mind...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
912 Posts
Thanks Buddy

hemiwagn said:
Bob tried it out today and unfortunately the headphones do not play in the front passenger seat either. The headset must be approx parallel to the VES screen position. I suppose it is possible with the seat all the way back and fully reclined, but I don't think that is what you had in mind...
Thanks for trying it. That's a bummer. I was hoping it would work. I really do appreciate your trying. Guess they will have to get used to listening to Johhny Cash and Bluegrass or walk! Best regards, Bob.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top