Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everybody,

Here's some pics of our 300c AWD with 20" Zinik wheels and 255/45 Nitto tires on it with a Trenz grill. And yes we are going to lower it 2 inches as soon as the springs are available. This car has every option except the xenon headlights and adj. pedals. The offset on the wheels is 35.


We also have these vehicles to enjoy, 2002 Dodge Durango R/T (black), 1995 Corvette conv (black on black), and a 1991 Sturgis Harley-Davidson (black). We spend our spare time driving and washing these toys.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Loyal-one looks good what is the off set? I am waiting for Casino chrome wheels 3-4 week wait. They are 20x7.5 what is your width they recommended 245x35x20 tires
my offset is 42
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
Offset

If it's an AWD the offset should be inbetween 35-42

And that's no bologna'

Bologna' is spelled wierd... they need to change it...

and who eats it anyway... :rolleyes:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,431 Posts
Loyal-one said:
Hey there , sorry I am not up on all the tech talk, I know they are 20x9 and I called Discount tire for the offset and they said 20mm, questionable huh?
I hope you informed the salesperson at Discount Tire that your car was an AWD model.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
Most Don't Even Know

:confused: The funny thing about it is most shops still don't even know about the wierd offset on the AWD.. I've called close to 10 and I basically had to tell them about the offset... they didn't know... almost none of them have the correct specs of the vehicle...

Including Victoria Tire, Les Schwab, Tire Rack, Nobody knew jack when I called...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lowering kit

Hey anybody have any info on the eibach lowering kit for the AWD model?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Still lookin for help on the lowering kit for an AWD model, anyone?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
349 Posts
Don't cut the stock springs. A guy I know whom has the AWD just broke some suspension parts and a axle taking a turn too fast because of it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Still nothing available for a lowering kit, has anyone heard of anything?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
AWD vehicles shouldn't be lowered anyway. I puts ALOT OF STRESS ON THE FRONT
OF THE CAR. If you do it just remember that you read this thread.
AWD is just not the way to go if you want a lower stance.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,071 Posts
yarbie said:
AWD vehicles shouldn't be lowered anyway. I puts ALOT OF STRESS ON THE FRONT
OF THE CAR. If you do it just remember that you read this thread.
AWD is just not the way to go if you want a lower stance.
It depends how it's done, but typically yes this is a bad idea. Just like the drive shaft angle you don't want to change the typical ride angle of the CV axles. It puts too much stress on the bearings, but if you plan on changing them every 20k miles, go for it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thats not what I wanted to here guys. Is this just common knowledge for all vehicles or do you think it will be worse for the 300c? Does anyone have the link for a contact person at Eibach, I have seen names on here before, but now I can't find it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,071 Posts
Loyal-one said:
Thats not what I wanted to here guys. Is this just common knowledge for all vehicles or do you think it will be worse for the 300c? Does anyone have the link for a contact person at Eibach, I have seen names on here before, but now I can't find it.
It's a general rule of thumb, but it doesn't mean it can't be done.

You can do anything with enough money. Just wait until someone offers a complete kit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
528 Posts
Looking very awesome dude.
Sorry to hear about the lowering issue - but consider this: Mercedes E-class 4matics sit just right, right out from the factory.
Why is this? The angle of the drive shafts must be "lower", no?
Hmmm,.., itz alwayz something.
Until then, do me a favor, *hit-can the front license plate holder - itz getting in the way of you beautiful grill.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
done

Redman said:
Looking very awesome dude.
Sorry to hear about the lowering issue - but consider this: Mercedes E-class 4matics sit just right, right out from the factory.
Why is this? The angle of the drive shafts must be "lower", no?
Hmmm,.., itz alwayz something.
Until then, do me a favor, *hit-can the front license plate holder - itz getting in the way of you beautiful grill.
consider it done Redman
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
zr-1

vvv90 said:
Nice C4 ya got there.....It's got CE wheels, 96?
Thanks, actually they are the chrome ZR 1 wheels, I put 17x9.5 all the way around so I could rotate them. It's a 95 with 39k on it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,071 Posts
Loyal-one said:
Thanks, actually they are the chrome ZR 1 wheels, I put 17x9.5 all the way around so I could rotate them. It's a 95 with 39k on it.
Actually ZR1 wheels are 11" :D The 9.5's are CE wheels....Just kidding, it's all the same. ;) I have the grayish silver/cleared AFS CE/ZR1 wheels on mine....I still love 'em. Any mods to it?
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top