Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recieved an email from my dealer saying that the portal to order the AWD 300C's is open and that he ordered mine yesterday. He also gave me a VIN # of the car which I thought was odd since I thought you would be given a VON # before a VIN.
Could someone please tell if the the VIN and VON #'s are both 17 digits?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
VON's are 8 digits, VIN's are 17. It should be similar to : 2C3AA63H75H000000

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My dealer sent me another email. The number he gave me was 17 digits and he wrote that it is in D status and will probably be built in about 4 weeks. This is definitely not what I was expecting. I figured about 10-12 weeks.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Possible explanation??

IKEMAN said:
My dealer sent me another email. The number he gave me was 17 digits and he wrote that it is in D status and will probably be built in about 4 weeks. This is definitely not what I was expecting. I figured about 10-12 weeks.
One possible explanation for this is that a different queue exists for AWD sedans. Its possible that you are at the front end of that queue vs. the backend of a RWD queue. So it might be possible that if you order an AWD that you would get it before people ordering/waiting for the RWD being that AWD orders have now just started to be accepted.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The AWD "C" was avalible for order through the portal as early as 8am Monday the 8th of November. I called my dealership at 10am that morning; they said "NOPE, not yet"... 20minutes later my phone rang "Hey, it IS avalible now!" I figure they must NOT have checked since the previous Friday night ;) heheh

I slept on it... Then ordered mine on the 10th (during the early morning hours), as well!

I figured 15 weeks delivery, but we'll see.

I'll let you guys know, mid-next-week, the build status.

An AWD queue - good point! Maybe i'll have it in time for Christmas, rather than Valentines day! :D

·
Registered
436 Posts
The AWD will help handling in the car but, unless you live in an area where it rains all the time and snows alot you shouldn't be too happy about getting the all wheel drive. I don't care what anyone says for the most part the 300C with AWD will be slower then the regular 300C for many reasons for a quick example the BMW3series and the BMW3x Series have same everthing except one has AWD and that's the one that is slower and it cost alot more, so only get it if you need it. I can get technical but unless Chrysler has some big ideas to make the 300C faster with AWD it would take alot of effort and cost alot of money, they would have to make transmission adjustments and engine adjustments and that's just the first step. When I say cost alot of money I mean cost you alot of money!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I am happy I am getting AWD. If I wasn't, I wouldn't have choosen the option. I really don't care if it is slower than the RWD version. Anyway, they did change the gear ratio to compensate for the weight difference and if I was concerned about fast I would be purchasing another sports car. I don't understand why everyone is so against the AWD version. Also, AWD for $1200 is not that expensive. Fuel consumption only goes down 2mpg on the highway so that's not that big of a deal either.
The "only get it if you need it" phrase is a little misleading. Hopefully no one needs it but for that one instance that it keeps you out of an accident I can't see where $1200 could be better spent.

·
Registered
528 Posts
AWD should handle a bunch better and offer major all-weather improvements as well.
Slower? Hmmm,..., really depends on the circumstances: in most - faster.
There's a reason AWD Audis crush in European racing circuits (that are NOT just circles).
Good choice - luckky you!

·
Registered
336 Posts
The AWD technology they are using is proven and reliable. It is 4 Matic from Daimler Benz and a great system. I will be interested to drive one when they become available, though I doubt I will order one, or be disapointed that I didn't wait.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Sorry for kicking a dead horse but all of benzs 4 matic cars are slower then the base models and are more expensive. If benzs 4 matic system was really performance oriented they would use them in all of their AMG models. Benzs 4 matic system is designed for weather and nothing else. I do agree with the weather and handling advantages just read my last post, but I don't see a need for it in half of the states the 300c sells in, the majority of 4 matic sells are in states and countries that see alot of weather. AWD can be used for great performance purposes, but lets face it the 300c isn't a super performance car, it just goes in a straight line really fast. : (

1 - 10 of 10 Posts