Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My transmission started messing up about a month after I bought my 300C AWD. Two trips to the dealer and nothing was found and no TSB existed at the time. The Dealers transmission mechanic didn't show up the first visit and the second visit they were booked up for 5 days before they could look at it.

They refused to do the TSB without first washing the vehicle several times to get water in the transmission to duplicate the shuddering. I told them I didn't need them to ruin the transmission more when all they had to do was flush it once to see the water inside. They refused and said it would take 5 days before they could even get to it. Well I kept the car from any water (car washes, rain etc,. and it ran great for 2 weeks. I was hoping the dealer would get their act together but they remanded booked for 5-7 days. A few days ago the transmission had a total failure. No forward or reverse and engine light kicked on. I had it taken by flat bed to the dealer and they say it has from 4 to 7 trouble codes(depending on who you ask) and major internal damage. Now they say it's a rebuild or replacement if the Damages are >70% of rebuild price. This started happening when the car had only 1,100 miles on it. They are telling me it will take a week to even start working at it. This really sucks and Chrysler's Five star service department sucks! It's just sitting at the dealer. Anyone know the proper channels I can go to get a NEW Transmission? They really need to do a RECALL!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Sorry to hear about the trans. The dealer should have never treated a trans problem like this - 5 days!?!? NO WAY!! Trans issues need top priority.

I had a small leak under my C at 10k miles. Called the DODGE dealer I started using, brought it up there immediately on a Friday afternoon at 4pm, they got me in a Hemi Truck from Enterprise (there to pick me up within 2 minutes of my arrival) - and car was back to me on the next business day (Monday), with the TSB done for the seals.

What I can tell you, is that the Chrysler dealer I was taking it to, would NOT have done this for me.

My advice, do what I did and find a service department that actually cares that you just spent 40k on a car. Go in directly to a Dodge or Chrysler dealer, and sit down with the service manager and have a conversation. The service I receive from the Dodge dealer is BY FAR superior to any other local Chrysler dealer, AND the Dodge dealer is 5 minutes from my home rather than 20 to the nearest Chrysler dealer.

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
300C_AWD said:
My transmission started messing up about a month after I bought my 300C AWD. Two trips to the dealer and nothing was found and no TSB existed at the time. The Dealers transmission mechanic didn't show up the first visit and the second visit they were booked up for 5 days before they could look at it.

They refused to do the TSB without first washing the vehicle several times to get water in the transmission to duplicate the shuddering. I told them I didn't need them to ruin the transmission more when all they had to do was flush it once to see the water inside. They refused and said it would take 5 days before they could even get to it. Well I kept the car from any water (car washes, rain etc,. and it ran great for 2 weeks. I was hoping the dealer would get their act together but they remanded booked for 5-7 days. A few days ago the transmission had a total failure. No forward or reverse and engine light kicked on. I had it taken by flat bed to the dealer and they say it has from 4 to 7 trouble codes(depending on who you ask) and major internal damage. Now they say it's a rebuild or replacement if the Damages are >70% of rebuild price. This started happening when the car had only 1,100 miles on it. They are telling me it will take a week to even start working at it. This really sucks and Chrysler's Five star service department sucks! It's just sitting at the dealer. Anyone know the proper channels I can go to get a NEW Transmission? They really need to do a RECALL!
In certain states, if your car spends more then 30 days at the dealership for repairs in the first year, you can have them buy it back based on the lemon law.

·
Registered
120 Posts
ekool said:
Fergot to mention, DOCUMENT EVERYTHING!
There's good advice! Does anyone know if the AWD and RWD transmissions are the same? See my recent tranny problem thread in this forum section as a reason for asking.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Called the dealer and they tore apart the transmission on my 300c AWD today. It needs a new torque converter, pump and clutches and they are going to rebuild it instead of giving me a new one. This thing had problems starting at 1,100 miles. I wonder if the AWD's will have more tranny issues as they have zero tire slip and are harder on the transmission.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Deja 'Vu

300C_AWD said:
Called the dealer and they tore apart the transmission on my 300c AWD today. It needs a new torque converter, pump and clutches and they are going to rebuild it instead of giving me a new one. This thing had problems starting at 1,100 miles. I wonder if the AWD's will have more tranny issues as they have zero tire slip and are harder on the transmission.
Mine had 1780 miles (March '05 ) on it when tranny started shuddering,
found water in it,NO argument at all..
NEW TRANSMISSION..Has performed perfectly since then

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had a shutter too in my C AWD. It was when making tight, low speed, turns in a parking lot or driveway, though.

They found the transfercase to be at fault and swapped it out after discovering that the rebuild was > than 70% of a new one.

I've since put about 2200 miles on it without any problems :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts