Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a Brilliant Black 300C (built 7/23 @1600) on 7 Aug with Protection Group, Nav and Sound, HID, Sunroof, and Sirius Sat Radio. Paid MSRP of $38,250 with a $17K trade of a fairly high mileage (54K) 2002 Acura TL Type S. Took the Chrysler financing for the $1,000 rebate.

We have been looking at this car for awhile, debating whether to get rid of the wifes Acura. I have a 2000 Lightning and wanted to get a RWD V8 American car well appointed. Availability of the 300C's in Maryland has been fairly tight with cars being sold after their first weekend on the lot. I understand some dealers have been pricing over sticker also.
I was somewhat discouraged by all this and began looking at the Mercury Marauders. We were driving back from a dealer on the Beltway Friday PM when my wife said that our local Chrsler dealer showed a 300C in stock the previous night. We decided to swing by and was shown the 300C still on the back lot awaiting prep. It had all the options we were looking for (well, maybe not Sirius, but it is growing on me). Sat down and chatted with the salesman and was happy that they were "only" charging sticker and gave me a good price for the trade (Mercury dealer was at $15.5 for the trade on a Marauder earlier with deep, deep discounts on the Marauder list).
All in all, thought it was a good deal and I pulled the trigger on it. And quite happy about it after spending time driving it. Drove at least as well as the Acura, a better ride and a more solid feel, not quite as "jittery" as the TL. I did like the Marauder, and for the price, the Marauder was a much better value. But, you could tell just driving it that it was yesterdays technology. Another Acura... well I had that same feeling as when I was agonizing over whether to buy the Honda VTX or a Harley. Honda was much more refined technologically, but I thought that I would always have that nagging thought that " I shoulda got a Harley. So I did.

My wife has been wanting a black car and this one certainly looks sharp. I would have preferred a white, but the Cool Vanilla just didn't do it for me... a nice diamond white like I had on the Acura would have been nice tho'. Black is just going to be so hard to keep clean. The Magnesium is a solid color, but we couldn't be choosy.

Anyway, excellent car. We took it out for a drive Sunday and were stopped in a left turn lane at a light. A long line of cars were turning onto our road from the intersection. I wasn't watching but my wife said that every car was staring as they went by, even turning to look back.

Problems observed... Passenger Airbag light does not go off with Passenger seat empty. Also, the seat does not slide back (though the steering wheel does go up) when that feature is enabled.

Really excited about this car... we go on vacation to OBX next week... looking forward to the drive!!

More to follow... Great forum!!

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
HiHo said:
Problems observed... Passenger Airbag light does not go off with Passenger seat empty. Also, the seat does not slide back (though the steering wheel does go up) when that feature is enabled.
Your Airbag sensor needs calibration for the passenger seat. Take it in before the chiming and lights start to bug you. 30 Minute adjustment... I would have your seat checked out at the same time. I've had that happen a couple of times, but have yet to have it checked out.

Enjoy and welcome! :)

·
Registered
731 Posts
If the red airbag light on the dash is on at the same time as the airbag off light you may need a new module like I did which is under the passenger seat.

If you normally keep your seat most of the way back when driving, it will not move back any further when exiting.

Good luck with the car. You will be enormously happy like the rest of us.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts