Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI GUYS, I AM FAIRLY NEW TO THE FORUMS, BUT I ALWAYS MANAGE TO FIND SOME SORT OF NEW INFORMATION ABOUT MY CAR ON HERE. ITS GREAT BEING ABLE TO READ UP ON GUYS/GIRLS ALL HAVING SIMILAR DISCUSSIONS, AND A COMMON PASSION FOR THE CHRYSLER 300/C. ANYWAYS, HERES MY ISSUE

i have an 05 C with 125000 km (Canada), the boston acoustics sound system is just awesome, but this weekend the cd player died, it will not read any cd's or mp3 cd's anymore, so here I am, stuck with that tape player headphone adapter contraption in my ipod, horrible sound quality, needless to say I want to get this fixed asap. I am obviously out of the warranty coverage, so I will not even bother, I have been looking on ebay, considering just upgrading to the nav unit, or just seeing if I can find the same deck. I have the SGII (i think thats what its called) system, with the factory sub, and 360 something watt system, SO what i really need to know is how to go about this swap (PICTURES would be helpful) I even have a buddy who just bought a 300c, 05, with 42 000km, I was thinking of asking him if we could swap deck, and him get it fixed under warranty? What do you guys think of this unethical plan? lol, I am sorry, but I believe most of us arent too thrilled with the dealer anyways, So if I could get some help, it would be much appreciated. As well, if anyone is selling an OEM deck for my application, please let me know. Thanks again everyone

"A goal casually set, and lightly taken is freely abandoned at the first obstacle"

·
Registered
54 Posts
HI GUYS, I AM FAIRLY NEW TO THE FORUMS, BUT I ALWAYS MANAGE TO FIND SOME SORT OF NEW INFORMATION ABOUT MY CAR ON HERE. ITS GREAT BEING ABLE TO READ UP ON GUYS/GIRLS ALL HAVING SIMILAR DISCUSSIONS, AND A COMMON PASSION FOR THE CHRYSLER 300/C. ANYWAYS, HERES MY ISSUE

i have an 05 C with 125000 km (Canada), the boston acoustics sound system is just awesome, but this weekend the cd player died, it will not read any cd's or mp3 cd's anymore, so here I am, stuck with that tape player headphone adapter contraption in my ipod, horrible sound quality, needless to say I want to get this fixed asap. I am obviously out of the warranty coverage, so I will not even bother, I have been looking on ebay, considering just upgrading to the nav unit, or just seeing if I can find the same deck. I have the SGII (i think thats what its called) system, with the factory sub, and 360 something watt system, SO what i really need to know is how to go about this swap (PICTURES would be helpful) I even have a buddy who just bought a 300c, 05, with 42 000km, I was thinking of asking him if we could swap deck, and him get it fixed under warranty? What do you guys think of this unethical plan? lol, I am sorry, but I believe most of us arent too thrilled with the dealer anyways, So if I could get some help, it would be much appreciated. As well, if anyone is selling an OEM deck for my application, please let me know. Thanks again everyone

"A goal casually set, and lightly taken is freely abandoned at the first obstacle"
You need to findout what deck you have RAQ (6disc) or (REF single disc aux input), upgrading to the NAv unit could run you about $900 on ebay plus you also might have to get the Nav DVD and Antenna separately. Swapping with your buddy may not work because the part number is attached to the Vin number (check it out don't quote me on that). If you an ipod then the sigle disc player with the front input could work and is not that expensive. If you get the Nav unit you have to get a ipod adapter. All depends on your needs. I have an RAQ forsale, if you want to go that route, giveaway price.

·
Registered
81 Posts
You need to findout what deck you have RAQ (6disc) or (REF single disc aux input), upgrading to the NAv unit could run you about $900 on ebay plus you also might have to get the Nav DVD and Antenna separately. Swapping with your buddy may not work because the part number is attached to the Vin number (check it out don't quote me on that). If you an ipod then the sigle disc player with the front input could work and is not that expensive. If you get the Nav unit you have to get a ipod adapter. All depends on your needs. I have an RAQ forsale, if you want to go that route, giveaway price.
You left behind the RAK (6CD-MP3-Cass) by Mitsubishi, it's also standard on the 300s. It would be an easy fix for a single CD. If I were you, I'd buy either RAQ or RAK from ebay. They start at around $125.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I have a single disc c/d player that I am selling for 75 bucks if you want it. Oem receiver came out of my 06' C. I just bought a 6 disc and don't need the single disc anymore.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RAQ? RAK? hmmm

Ok guys the unit that is currently in my 2005 C is the 6 disc cd.mp3 player, with cassette, no aux input, with the SGII set up. Does this make more sense now? Also, could someone explain to me the differences again between RAQ, REF...and such, I apologize this is all new to me. Thanks in advance.

As for those who are selling units, my e-mail is [email protected], you can reach me there and let me know what unit you have exactly, how much you are asking and such.

As for my buddy, well since his is an 05 C, the warranty is 60000km/3yrs, and yep, the 3 yrs are up first, so it wouldnt do me no help, thanks for the info about the serial numbers, didnt think of that.

Basically, my options seem to be more than I thought I had, you guys are awesome!

·
Registered
81 Posts
They are just for a different trim levels:
REF 1CD no MP-3 with AUX (bottom line)
RAQ 6CD - MP3 (mid-line)
RAK 6CD -MP3-WMA-Cass (mid line) by Mitsubishi
the last two are pretty much the same from a different manufactures
REC 6CD-MP Navi (top of the line) by Alpine

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
For additional clarity:

The SGII is totally separate from the radio. Since you have SGII, it means
you have an amp and BA 6 speaker setup. This means that you can
swap any of the radios for the 300. One thing that is important
to note that depending upon which radio you choose, you may need
additional parts:

example, you may need to change bezels if you go with the NAV unit.

Most others are a simple swap. The wiring harness are the same for
each.

·
Registered
54 Posts
They are just for a different trim levels:
REF 1CD no MP-3 with AUX (bottom line)
RAQ 6CD - MP3 (mid-line)
RAK 6CD -MP3-WMA-Cass (mid line) by Mitsubishi
the last two are pretty much the same from a different manufactures
REC 6CD-MP Navi (top of the line) by Alpine
I wouldn't call the REF bottom line, it has an aux input meaning the only unit you can plug an ipod into, thus only one cd. I'm surprised people are still using CDs.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I wouldn't call the REF bottom line, it has an aux input meaning the only unit you can plug an ipod into, thus only one cd. I'm surprised people are still using CDs.
It is the bottom line since unlike others it has no MP-3/RDS and is primarily found on (bottom line) 2.7L version of the vehicle.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright guys, so I managed to find an exact replacement for my original deck on e-bay for $100, So I am very happy with that. I know that if it wasnt for the help from you guys that I wouldnt have found it, Thanks again.

Thanks as well to those who gave me information regarding the decks they were selling, much appreciated, hope you do not feel I wasted your time.

I gotta question, I just changed my fogs to hid 10000k, and I was interested in doing the headlights as well, whats the deal with the ballast being apparently attached to the bulb? is this true? Therefore I would essentially have to buy another complete kit, rather than just bulbs? I am interested to see what you guys think. If anyone has already done this, how difficult is it to do?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Alright guys, so I managed to find an exact replacement for my original deck on e-bay for $100, So I am very happy with that. I know that if it wasnt for the help from you guys that I wouldnt have found it, Thanks again.

Thanks as well to those who gave me information regarding the decks they were selling, much appreciated, hope you do not feel I wasted your time.

I gotta question, I just changed my fogs to hid 10000k, and I was interested in doing the headlights as well, whats the deal with the ballast being apparently attached to the bulb? is this true? Therefore I would essentially have to buy another complete kit, rather than just bulbs? I am interested to see what you guys think. If anyone has already done this, how difficult is it to do?
Can I get the details on your foglight replacement. Where did you get them? How much it cost? Anything specific you had to do to replace them? Any little detail will help. Thanks. Do a search for 36 LED array, that person replaced all lights interior and exterior.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The true HID bulbs won't works without ballasts. There are some fake HID bilbs availalbe which are simply halogen bulbs with painted into the blue color envelopes. They apparently don't need any ballasts and produce some kind of a blue light.
However for proper focusing the headlamps should have lenses in order to correct the HID beam. Yes you can install the HID bulbs into the regular headlamps with no lens but as far as I'm concerned it's a waste of time and money.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The true HID bulbs won't works without ballasts. There are some fake HID bilbs availalbe which are simply halogen bulbs with painted into the blue color envelopes. They apparently don't need any ballasts and produce some kind of a blue light.
However for proper focusing the headlamps should have lenses in order to correct the HID beam. Yes you can install the HID bulbs into the regular headlamps with no lens but as far as I'm concerned it's a waste of time and money.
I am not sure if you know what I mean. I will try and clarify.
Basically, I heard that the 300C models, have the bulb and ballast attatched to eachother permanantly, I am not sure if this is true or not. The reason this would be a concern to me is that I would be looking to replace only the bulb to a higher K bulb, but please clarify if I am wrong or not, does the output come from the bulb rather than the ballast?

As for the fogs, I bought the kit off of ebay, it is a simple plug and play unit, search for the seller AUTOKRAZ, they are awesome and bright. I did not change the housing rather only the bulbs, you should be able to do it in your driveway, but I reccommend access to a hoist, it makes things a lot easier. This particular unit is very high end in my opinion, comes in a nice box, nice quality materials, 3m tape, holsters for the ballasts. There is not much more I can say about it, but if you have any more questions, please feel free.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts