Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
stinasaurus said:
it's nice when the top's down.
but once it goes up. no way.
i've seen them in person & it's not so great.
have you seen the west coast customs 300?
now, that's a nice 300 convertible.
click here
While West Coast has an amazing car.. it's not exactly a convertible.. I've never seen it w/ the top up and I'm pretty sure from looking at the photos that it doesn't have a top. That's a showroom car.

Now this other convertible doesn't look so great either.. that's one week soft-top. Personally I'll wet my pants when I se ACS's Helios goe into production. That's a 300C convertible worth having.

·
Registered
145 Posts
300TouringNproud said:
While West Coast has an amazing car.. it's not exactly a convertible.. I've never seen it w/ the top up and I'm pretty sure from looking at the photos that it doesn't have a top. That's a showroom car.

Now this other convertible doesn't look so great either.. that's one week soft-top. Personally I'll wet my pants when I se ACS's Helios goe into production. That's a 300C convertible worth having.
yes, i've noticed that too about the west coast car. did you see the 300 in modified luxury exotics? it was a 4 door convertible as well. wasn't sure if it was a concept car or the actual real deal. it was from an international auto show or something, wasn't quite sure.

but yes that other convertible isn't so great. i saw them in a booth @ a car show & they actually have a whole video about it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
300TouringNproud said:
here's the other thread: http://www.300cforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2580

and I messed up it's the ASC, not ACS..
and here's an article..
http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_shows/naias_2005/0501_asc_helios/
yes, i think that's the one i saw.
the first thing i said to my boyfriend when i saw it though,
which he thought was kinda odd...
was i don't think a 300 convertible would actually be really safe.
cus isn't the body really heavy?

haha yes dumb question i know.
but i'm slowly but surely learning about cars,
especially my 300c.

·
Registered
122 Posts
stinasaurus said:
yes, i think that's the one i saw.
the first thing i said to my boyfriend when i saw it though,
which he thought was kinda odd...
was i don't think a 300 convertible would actually be really safe.
cus isn't the body really heavy?

haha yes dumb question i know.
but i'm slowly but surely learning about cars,
especially my 300c.
Don't worry, i've asked some dumb questions here myself..
Anyway, the deal w/ the ASC Helios - supposedly - is that they have some new structural crossmember deal that doesn't actually go over the cab of the car (like that one on ebay), so it can be completely open and just as structurally sound as a hard top. Check out their website. Google American Specialty Cars.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Looks pretty good - plus itz got a power top.
Still, no mods on the interior?
Oh well, very rare 300C indeed.

·
Registered
252 Posts
i like the helios concept. the one on ebay with the bar in the center to me just looks silly. IMO :eek:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Yea, i think it is pretty ugly with the bar and that the top dosn't sit flush in the back. Looks tacky. All it is missing is those fat wheels that stick out a few inches from the car. Remeber those from the late 80s?

·
Registered
54 Posts
No way ! That thing looks just plain disgusting. Ghetto.

The West coast car is a concept and not realistic. They put so much time into
fabricating that thing. It would cost $100,000 or more if you wanted it.
These cars look good because of the side profile, like a 50's gangster car.
Leave the covertible's to the wimpy looking cars.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm sorry, but this does not look like a wimpy car:

And IMO neither does the Helios, but we've already been on that topic. If I had my druthers I'd be in the 1967 Lincoln Continental above, but I need something that doesn't need a restore and is a bit more reliable.... but one day....

·
Registered
538 Posts
I think the one on Ebay is sloppy.

First, the switch for the top looks to be "crooked" and could have been mounted in a better spot IMO.

Second, the top itself lays to where it drapes over the top of the gas filler cap door. This is unacceptable as it will eventually mar the finish on the door.

Thirdly, WHY would you mount the Sirius antenna on the "fender well". Stupid. At the very least I would have put it in the center, along the back edge - on the TRUNK. To me - symmetry is everything. :)

Messed up.

JFF:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts