Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chrysler is the sponsor of the PGA Tour event in Greensboro.
Chrysler product displays are all over the property. On platforms over lakes, at clubhouse at tee boxes, etc.

The winner, Brent Geiberger, got a silver 300C as well as a check for $828,000 for the win.

Justin Rose also won a 330M for a hole in one.

Chrysler had a display of the 300C convertible and an Atlantic. Here are pixs of the 300C convertible. Pixs of the Atlantic will follow.

·
Registered
16 Posts
All I have to say is WOW!!!!! Sign me up, I think I just found my next vehicle. I have a 3 year lease on my 300 and hopefully I can be first in line for one those once they come out. Looks alot like the new 6 series BMW.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Breath taking, thanks fast4door
I like that concept, thats promising they should build! My problem is I don't know if hubby will let me keep my conv SAAB that I've had since conception (89) along with the conv 300 HemiC. Then again maybe if I he take the 300C after a few years it would be ok :). Here's a pic of my Saab Queen, why I can't part with her.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
528 Posts
SAAB Aero

Angi300C said:
Here's a pic of my Saab Queen, why I can't part with her.:)
Now that's a fine looking car. :p
And believe it or not, they keep getting better (see attached photos). I especially like their Aero and Viggen Editions - very authentic, uniquely Scandinavian designs.
Now if GM would just supply a RWD platform..... :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Havn't seen this one before, thanks!

That intertior looks sweet from what I can see. Not too keen on the exterior.

·
Registered
8 Posts
newer concept.....

What do you guys think about a 300C Coupe and Convertible!!! Spoke to a Chrysler Rep. and she confirned that there is a coupe and convertible concept. This is not a photoshop trick or gimmick. Check out the pics. It's all hush hush. As far as she implied.....

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Struntium, is that for real, or a photo chop? I like it, don't get me wrong, and I would own the regular 300C, as well as this coupe! It would be like owning an S500 and an SL/CL500 MB!!!

That is hot!

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
7,554 Posts
Angi300C said:
Breath taking, thanks fast4door
I like that concept, thats promising they should build! My problem is I don't know if hubby will let me keep my conv SAAB that I've had since conception (89) along with the conv 300 HemiC. Then again maybe if I he take the 300C after a few years it would be ok :). Here's a pic of my Saab Queen, why I can't part with her.:)
Saab Queen

. . . I understand perfectly :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Struntium: iirc, isn't that a Car & Driver photoshop (around July/Aug issue iirc); not a official prototype?

·
Registered
22 Posts
wow. that 300C convertible concept is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
AndyK said:
Struntium: iirc, isn't that a Car & Driver photoshop (around July/Aug issue iirc); not a official prototype?
Oh AndyK, you're a heartbreaker, you are!! :(

·
Registered
169 Posts
Gang,

When I was a young man the car companies every September would bring out their entire new line of cars. Now days it seems that they have to piece meal each and every model of that new line to us. What’s the deal anyway. Don't they any longer have the money to build a new sedan, coupe, wagon and convert at the same time. Or are they afraid that the design will suck and they will be out a bunch of money and their stock holders will be pissed? Any ideas or comments?

·
Registered
8 Posts
AndyK said:

Contacted Chrysler, the cars are not "Photoshop" as per the quote above. They are concept cars, I spoke to a Chrysler Representative, who could not relay too much info. Surrounding the Coupe or Convertible. Remember the 300 is replacing the Sebring (correct me if I'm wrong) on all three platforms (Sedan, Coupe and Convertible)....*hint*. So people keep your fingers crossed. A car like this will go forward into production.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Those pics are from Car&Driver, pg 56, either Aug. or Sept. issue. DC has not announced or discussed publicly any plans for a coupe or convertible 300, nor has any pictures or other information on their official media page. Nobody has seen any other pictures than those two of the coupe and the convertible.

While I don't doubt that a car like this may go into production, but DC has not said anything about it yet; It's unlikely you'll see the coupe or convertible before MY07.

No, the 300C is replacing the 300M/Concorde as the large sedan. The Sebring is a midsize. The plan is to replace the sebring/stratus platform with the next gen Mits Lancer platform (the current sebring is a joint-venture with mits)

If you want more information about DC's future plans; allpar.com's mopar news&rumors board is good.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The convertable photo is DEFINITELY Photoshop. Look at the cloning of the rock in the reflection near/on the door. The Coupe looks a little suspicious too. I'm not saying it wasn't done by a DCX designer. It's a lot cheaper than building a prototype.

·
Registered
86 Posts
ewww it looks just like the sebring

1 - 19 of 19 Posts