Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have just purchased a 2007 300C CRD 3lt Diesel Turbo. I bought the car with a Spider Tuning box, and it seems like it has great power.

I am wondering what other performance modifications are possible on this engine:

Turbo
Intercooler
Air Intake
Exhaust...etc

Has anyone made any mod's like this and can recommend and advise what is available.

I live in Australia - Seeing that this is an international forum

Robert

·
Registered
613 Posts
Apparently a larger intercooler gives lots more power, but may require the front cross member cutting.
No, we don't cut that armature/cross member now. We pack it out 24mm and then scrape away the foam which is on the inside of the front bumper to give enough clearance to re-fit. The larger inter-cooler is there mainly to keep the turbo cool when a re-map is done, although even in standard trim, if an engine and it's components can run cooler, it should be more efficient. G1smo sells an inter-cooler package which contains everything you need. Thes pics should give you an idea.

Auto part Technology

Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part Vehicle Car

Bumper Auto part Automotive exterior Rim

Vehicle Auto part Engine Car Automotive exterior

Engine Auto part Vehicle Automotive exterior Car

·
Registered
613 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Would be interested in the price for the pieces. I work for an international company our our main shipments are out of France. Maybe not too expensive from UK to France

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
Yes it was alway believed you have to cut the crossmember, but a bit of thought i got around it. a lot easier and safer than cutting the crossmember

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey Rob

Things must be bad back in Oz if you have to choose the diesel over a V8 - lol. Surely the price of fuel isn't as bad as in the UK. However the CRD is a great car. Enjoy :)

Sent from my X10i using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Rob

Things must be bad back in Oz if you have to choose the diesel over a V8 - lol. Surely the price of fuel isn't as bad as in the UK. However the CRD is a great car. Enjoy :)

Sent from my X10i using AutoGuide.com App
Yeah car is great, makes some V8's think twice. V8 would have been nice but there was a big price difference. Anyway love the car, but any peformace enhancements of course would be great.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts