Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have just purchased a 2007 300C CRD 3lt Diesel Turbo. I bought the car with a Spider Tuning box, and it seems like it has great power.

I am wondering what other performance modifications are possible on this engine:

Turbo
Intercooler
Air Intake
Exhaust...etc

Has anyone made any mod's like this and can recommend and advise what is available.

I live in Australia - Seeing that this is an international forum

Robert

·
Registered
613 Posts
Apparently a larger intercooler gives lots more power, but may require the front cross member cutting.
No, we don't cut that armature/cross member now. We pack it out 24mm and then scrape away the foam which is on the inside of the front bumper to give enough clearance to re-fit. The larger inter-cooler is there mainly to keep the turbo cool when a re-map is done, although even in standard trim, if an engine and it's components can run cooler, it should be more efficient. G1smo sells an inter-cooler package which contains everything you need. Thes pics should give you an idea.

IMGP0149.jpg

IMGP0156.jpg

IMGP0157.jpg

IMGP0161.jpg

IMGP0162.jpg

·
Registered
613 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Would be interested in the price for the pieces. I work for an international company our our main shipments are out of France. Maybe not too expensive from UK to France

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
Yes it was alway believed you have to cut the crossmember, but a bit of thought i got around it. a lot easier and safer than cutting the crossmember

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey Rob

Things must be bad back in Oz if you have to choose the diesel over a V8 - lol. Surely the price of fuel isn't as bad as in the UK. However the CRD is a great car. Enjoy :)

Sent from my X10i using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Rob

Things must be bad back in Oz if you have to choose the diesel over a V8 - lol. Surely the price of fuel isn't as bad as in the UK. However the CRD is a great car. Enjoy :)

Sent from my X10i using AutoGuide.com App
Yeah car is great, makes some V8's think twice. V8 would have been nice but there was a big price difference. Anyway love the car, but any peformace enhancements of course would be great.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts