Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi in the Uk and need a sump plug and washer for my 2010 300c crd 3.0 v6 any help appreciated thanks Mel.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sump plug

Hi DGO, thanks for the reply still waiting for a reply from ACD ,going to Sytners tomorrow to see if they have them.thanks again.

·
Registered
2014 CRD
1,506 Posts
Sometimes Mercedes can be a bit funny about dealing with our cars as you can't just give them a VIN. NAG1 boxes were used on lots of Mercs: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_5G-Tronic_transmission

I've dealt with ACD a number of times and they've always helped me out though I have usually phoned them.

Suspect this is the Mopar part number Link though that's in the USA

Last thought - have you tried your local FIAT dealer - they're the manufacturer support for our cars now

Good luck

·
Registered
2006 CRD Touring
2,740 Posts
I've bought parts (eg exhaust gas pressure sensor) from a local MB dealer just by quoting OM642 engine. There are also several MB dealers with web based shops who might be able to supply, but as DGO has pointed out, it's not much good mentioning Chrysler as the marque means nothing to them. I've also found Fiat dealers unhelpful, but Jeep should be OK. You do need to be careful though, as not all parts (eg fuel filter) are generic through the variants of the OM642 engine.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sump plug

Hi Devil*******,thanks for the info.I did speak to the FCA people in Colindale(was the Alfa Romeo parts warehouse) last week and he has very little Chrysler stock/parts they are more into gen2 I suppose being Lancia he suggested MB garage so off there in a few minutes as the parts man assured me he has the plug for the 642 engine,as for filters no problem off the net and good prices oil £6 fuel £7 -9-00 delivered , oil 10ltrs c3 mb229.51 £28 with delivery in 2 days,already done oil and filter change as the motor had done 14,000 without a service, if I get the plug doing another oil /filter again Monday as I bought 20 ltrs of the oil for £42 delivered.I always drop the oils/filters at 5-6000 miles on any motor I own .

·
Registered
2006 CRD Touring
2,740 Posts
I can understand why you need a washer, but why do you need to replace the plug? I have to confess to never having removed my plug - in fact I've never even seen it - as I remove oil via the dipstick tube using a Pela marine hand pump and as the filter is located at the top of the engine, no need to crawl underneath for oil changes.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi devil***********In my nearly 60yrs of having cars etc there was only one garage(Murco in the town center) here where I am who used a pump to draw the oil up thru the dipstick everyone else drops it thru the sump so all the crud drops out if any.I only pay £25 labour for the oil and filters change, buy the parts etc. and get free tea, I am happy with him as he builds race engines so not a back street 'erbert, its easier for me ,gone are the days of dropping the oil in the neighbours rose beds.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sump plug

devil****** new plug and washer that is how I am I run Rx8's and dropped the oil every 3000 miles and always changed the plug, the car I sold before the 300c purchase was a '59 Dodge Caliber bought 4 yrs ago with 19,000 miles sold it in May this year with 34,000 miles and did 3 oil and filters .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts