·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is (if any) difference between:

300c (rwd) brakes

300c (awd) brakes

300 (touring) brakes

do these three cars share common part #'s for rotors and pads?

i have heard so many different things in the past few days from different vendors (none 300c specific), i thought i would ask the people that would know best. :fing02:

so are all 300's, with the exception of the srt-8 the same in terms of there brakes?

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
This info was published in 2004 so I don't know if it has changed.
Looks like the 300c RWD and AWD share the same parts.
The other 300's have different parts, except for the rear caliper size/type.
300C

300, 300 Touring and 300 Limited

Front
Rotor size and type _________________________________________12.6 x 1.1 (320 x 28) vented
Caliper size and type ____________________2.36 (60) single-piston sliding with aluminum housing

Rear
Rotor size and type ___________________________________________12.6 x 0.4 (320 x 10) solid
Caliper size and type ____________________1.65 (42) single-piston sliding with aluminum housing

300C and all AWD models

Front
Rotor size and type _________________________________________13.6 x 1.1 (345 x 28) vented
Caliper size and type _____________________1.65 (42) dual-piston sliding with aluminum housing

Rear
Rotor size and type _________________________________________12.6 x 0.87 (320 x 22) vented
Caliper size and type ____________________1.65 (42) single-piston sliding with aluminum housing

·
Registered
53 Posts
Be interesting to know where that info came from, not the web page, but who.

Nice of them to compile a bunch of specs but I disagree with the piston diameter specs. Did so personally a couple of times.

They've measured the piston seal at the pad and the dust boot ring. This is not the OD of the true piston.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Be interesting to know where that info came from, not the web page, but who.

Nice of them to compile a bunch of specs but I disagree with the piston diameter specs. Did so personally a couple of times.

They've measured the piston seal at the pad and the dust boot ring. This is not the OD of the true piston.
That whole page with specs was published by Chrysler in 2004.

·
Registered
53 Posts
No grounds to disagree with that statement but I see nothing indicating this is official factory data anywhere on that link.

No harm, no foul it's a great source of info but from personal experience i don't believe those numbers are correct. I'm quite certain as I put a small tear in one of the dust boots in order to get the correct info! lol For only some of us would it really matter anyhow; the relationship between front and rear bores are a constant as shown. Yes the rotor info is correct.

From my own notes some years ago: 1.88 or 48mm all. I know I was concerned about this for reasons I cannot say. In the end it worked out alright.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts