Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have noticed on a lot of 300c's that one of the tail pipes hangs lower than the right or left pipe's. I have seen this on probably 20 or so 300c's, unless they all have been rear ended, I figure it is a factory flaw. I too have the same problem, where my right tail pipe is about an inch lower than the left tail pipe. I am sure only some people notice it, but I do and it bugs the hell out of me. I don't want to mess with my pipes, and bend it back up, so I have been thinking about putting magnaflow or corsa on my baby, but is there anyway to avoid the drone issue without turning off the MDS? Also, I was wondering if there any other issues with putting in new exhaust besides the drone. Please excuse the newbie questions, I just have never put exhaust on any car and it is unfamiliar territory for me.....

·
Super Moderator
5,077 Posts
The Corsa system has been designed to eliminate the MDS drone. It's the only one to do so. It's rather quiet at idle and cruising,But has a nice growl at WTO. In my opinion the Magnaflow has a deeper pitch. Both good systems,but me myself say Corsa
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FfDj-fPE7. If ya have a sub it's better

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the heads up! I had no idea that the corsa eliminated the drone, thats good to know. I might have to do some bargaining because the corsa is listed at $600 more than the magnaflow.... The funny thing is I probably wouldn't even switch my pipes if they were balanced. I can't stand how the right hangs lower than the left, and as I said, I have seen this on numerous 300c's. Does anyone know, is there a reason for it? Or just another factory flaw?:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,599 Posts
The Corsa system has been designed to eliminate the MDS drone. It's the only one to do so. It's rather quiet at idle and cruising,But has a nice growl at WTO. In my opinion the Magnaflow has a deeper pitch. Both good systems,but me myself say Corsa
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FfDj-fPE7. If ya have a sub it's better
Do you have the Corsa for I still get the MDS Drone with mine.
PS you should check out the DVMMC over on the LXForums and join ,come to a meet.

·
Registered
60 Posts
my left pipe hangs lower on my zoomers exhaust, not sure y though. check out u tube for the exhaust sounds there are some good videos there

·
Super Moderator
5,077 Posts
I noticed last weekend that my right hung down lower .I don't remember seeing that before.
Maddog as far as the drone,mine is stock(exhaust) but I've now been in 2 cars with the corsa and it's gone in theirs. If you or GoldenCloud reference some of the long threads here you will see that most if not all members would agree with what I stated. When I finish with my bikes this fall,CAI and Corsa will be my upgrades for the winter(witing for my Halos to be delivered as I speak). Maddog-I've got some work to do up in North Wales-you're close to there aren't you?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Mine also hangs lower than the left, and my system was replaced about six months after I purchased it due to the vibration many of us had with the early models. I noticed it soon after the system was replaced. Always wondered whether it was an installation flaw or what. Never really bothered me too much.
Since others have now come forth with the same issue and assuming that those that mentioned it have their original system, I can only assume that there must be a reason for it. Really shouldn't bother you enough to warrant spending money for a new system.

·
Premium Member
1,599 Posts
I noticed last weekend that my right hung down lower .I don't remember seeing that before.
Maddog as far as the drone,mine is stock(exhaust) but I've now been in 2 cars with the corsa and it's gone in theirs. If you or GoldenCloud reference some of the long threads here you will see that most if not all members would agree with what I stated. When I finish with my bikes this fall,CAI and Corsa will be my upgrades for the winter(witing for my Halos to be delivered as I speak). Maddog-I've got some work to do up in North Wales-you're close to there aren't you?
Yes I am just on the other side of Merk

·
Super Moderator
5,077 Posts
I take it your into bikes also?

·
Premium Member
1,599 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,077 Posts
You should join him :)