Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello to eveyone.

I am new to your forum, but I would like to annouce that we are producing a Show/Project 2005 300C (Silver Metallic) for the SEMA show in November. I am cordinating the build of this project which will be displayed at the CARRE' wheels booth (#43709).

This project is will be the 4th show car between D2 Technik and Carre' (pronouced: Karray) wheels. Just the like our past project cars, this car will be feature in various luxury auto magazine, such as Rides(Harris Publishing) and Edge(Primedia). Past projects have been 2002 BMW X-5, 2003 Mercedes E500, and 2003 Cadillac Escalade ESV.

This build theme is to enhance the exterior/ interior, add performance modifaction and an full audio/video system. As the build progresses, I will post pics of modifications every week. We have several companies on board including Nitto(tires), Borla(exhaust), K&N(intake), Eibach(Suspension), Myron & Davis(monitors), B-Cool Billets(grille), Pro-fit(locking fuel door) and Carre' (22" wheels). We are currently looking for other partners that can supply products such as a super chargers and other interior pieces.

ABOUT D2
D2 Technik (626-282-2727) is located in Alhambra, Ca. They are Los Angeles's premier store for tuning and modification for European cars such Mercedes Benz, BMW, AUDI and Porsche. In recent years, they expanded their tuning to include luxury SUVs and luxury japanese cars.

About Carre' Wheels
Carre' Wheels (626-570-4700) offers wheels with timeless designs and strong angular lines. Each of their wheels is designed to compliment only the finest vehicles and have become synomous with engineering poetry of strength, design and world class style.

By the way I don't work for D2 or Carre', but I am using this name because of the name of this project. So don't ask me for the hook up on wheels, hahaha :).

-Carre'

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
So who owns the car? You or someone esle? Does the owner get all the upgrades gratis? I sound like it will be nice.

I think/predict the Chrysler 300 and the Dodge Magnum will be the car feature by most companies for 2004 SEMA. This platform is going to to really ramp up the tuning and aftermarket product scene like no other car since the PT Cruizer which has also been huge in the aftermarket.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
E55,

The car belongs to D2.

The wheels that we are first gonna use are the CM-1 in a 22x9.5. The CM-1 is also avialable in 20x9. This wheel looks good on european type cars and it isn't too flashy (bling-bling). Carre' wheels is also developing a new 10 spoke wheel in 22x9.5, and for the performance oriented 20x8.5,20x10 combo for SEMA. This new 10 spoke will be availble in chrome and diamond cut finish. Also in the works is a new split 5 spoke wheel with a 5" lip in chrome just for the 300c/Magnum. I will keep you updated which every news I get.

Below are images of the CM-1 and the CM-1 on the BMW X5 and Mercedes E500 projects. These 2 cars have been feature in over 5 magazines last year.

Carre'

www.Carrewheels.com
www.d2technik.com

btw-Carre' wheels has more new wheels but have not updated their site do to hosting problems.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
carre' said:
just got word that Brembo is also on board for our project.
I hope Brembo does not just push their big brake kits for LX cars. I would be happy with a set of front and rear cross drilled replacement rotors and don't want to spend $4k for brakes. :D

·
Registered
170 Posts
It's been a couple weeks. Any progress on this project? Pictures!! :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am VERY intrested in the audio/video part of this project... Some 1 PM when they find out what unit will fit into the navi opening (double din) i'm likeing the Kenwood Excleon DDX7015 i believe it is... Thanks in advance...

Trevis

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
E55 KEV said:
I hope Brembo does not just push their big brake kits for LX cars. I would be happy with a set of front and rear cross drilled replacement rotors and don't want to spend $4k for brakes. :D
Baer is likely to have a complete Kit with calipers, drilled rotors etc for about 2K at SEMA, I spoke with them last month. Brembo has a great product but on the Acura TL thier performance is below average, about 145 ft from 60 in at least two tests I read last year. The SRT 8 will have Brembos, what about a wheel/tire/brake upgrade from the Mopar. I am planning on just brakes and possibly SS lines.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts