Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the January 2005 cover of Motor Trend in the mail today. I see a sweet Cool Vanilla Hemi on the front cover, Car of the Year. :cool:

Looks good, looks real good.... :D

·
Registered
901 Posts
Thank you, I charged them 300Grand to use Mrs SexC for the cover shot (joking) yeah that looks good. :)

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
Angi300C said:
Thank you, I charged them 300Grand to use Mrs SexC for the cover shot (joking) yeah that looks good. :)
Kinda like a super model on the cover of Vogue, huh? ;)

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Got mine today, thier color is off, looks refridgerator white not Cool Vanilla. Inside, MT got some facts wrong, Power fold away mirrors? Did I miss this? 18" chrome alloys on the C are actually "clad" plastic covers and the touring gets the 17"chromed alloys, see page 59. Otherwise a good article and great victory for DC and all 300 owners.

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
arnoldw said:
I believe the "C" has folding mirrors to resist damage. p.66 in the owners manual ;)
True enough - they are power and they do fold, but they're not "power-folding" (must be tucked in by hand). Heck, even Hubby's GMC p/u has power-folding mirrors... another one to add to the wish list for DCX future builds.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Yes folding mirrors as in the 84 BMW 318i, power folding implies an suv style dash button to fold them in for parking or riding in the brush not that anyone does that. Makes you wonder why MT even mentioned the mirrors as if they are some big deal, they simply got it wrong which is OK, "Power mirrors are standard on all models. Power fold away mirrors on touring and limited are body color and heated". I am amazed at the errors found in print, nobody's perfect.

·
Registered
208 Posts
midwestrc said:
SO the mirrors on the C are not heated but they are on the touring and limited? Is that right?
No the C's mirrors are heated. Possibly they were talking about the mirrors tilting down while in reverse.

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
Correct, the C's mirrors are heated, auto-dim, manually fold and tilt in reverse... this last feature is programmable on/off in EVIC.

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
Taha24 said:
Okay, I gotta add in one question of my own. Does the touring have power folding mirrors or not?
To my knowledge, none of the 300 models have power-folding mirrors

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
coolvanilla said:
Is the passenger side mirror suppose to auto dim?
No - just the drivers side.

·
Registered
272 Posts
HEMEEE said:
To my knowledge, none of the 300 models have power-folding mirrors
Thanks, I was just getting confused as to the talk about folding mirros and then someone mentioned C and someone mentioned Touring so it was either asking the question or bashing my head with a hammer :p

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
Taha24 said:
Thanks, I was just getting confused as to the talk about folding mirros and then someone mentioned C and someone mentioned Touring so it was either asking the question or bashing my head with a hammer :p
ouch! I'm glad you chose the less drastic alternative... btw, there are NO stupid questions - that's why we're all in this forum!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts