Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody.

2008 300C Hemi, RWD 58K miles. A few thousand miles ago, had a bushing replaced under extended warranty. Now dealer says struts are leaking. It has had shimmy off and on at high freeway speeds for a while.

Curious about Bilsteins. Are they worth it? Loved them when I used to autocross in the 80's, now I just want a nice ride and decent handling - I was surprised how well she handled when I bought her, but have never been impressed with the ride. (For context, before this I had a 2001 300M I drove 200K miles, and an '86 Lincoln LSC I drove 205K miles before that - the Lincoln also seemed to eat front struts :sad:).

So I'm looking for advice about Bilsteins, and also suggestions for finding a good shop in the North San Diego county or Irvine areas. Also read a bit of that KW thread, how much are those, and same questions as Bilsteins?

·
Administrator
19,737 Posts
Bilsteins are a good upgrade and you'll find they make a big difference in ride, especially now that you have a leaking shock or two.

KW's are an aftermarket coilover and they ride quite a bit stiffer than stock shocks or even the Bilsteins. But the ability to fine tune a drop has never come easier than with a set of adjustable coilovers.

I have KW V1's on my car and have it cranked down quite a bit:

Retail prices range from $1590 to $1730 for a set of 4. Bilsteins for your car will be considerably cheaper.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts