Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my 2005 300C. The wrench at the dealership said that he noticed that my car's fuel gage did not go to FULL when filled up. It only goes up to 3/4 full. He said that there should be a fix in a couple of weeks.

Does anyone else have this problem on their 300C?

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
7,554 Posts
kstone said:
I just picked up my 2005 300C. The wrench at the dealership said that he noticed that my car's fuel gage did not go to FULL when filled up. It only goes up to 3/4 full. He said that there should be a fix in a couple of weeks.

Does anyone else have this problem on their 300C?
Congrats on your new ride!

Try stopping at a gas station and topping up. Might solve the problem.:)

·
Registered
101 Posts
fuel gage

top it off ,dealers save money that way .i had the same problem not on the 300c but another car. gas $2.00 gal. they will come up a little short.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I believe Brian (gossame1) is having the same problem. You may want to send him a private message as he has dealt with the dealer on this issue already. Not sure if it has been resolved yet.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have a Magnum RT but I believe the tank and filler tube are the same as the 300. These cars are a little tricky to fill up. Especially squeezing in the last gallon or so. And even then with the fuel gauge pointer just barely touching the F mark, the gauge moves off the F mark within 20 miles.

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
There have been documented problems with the fuel level sensor in other Chrysler models and may be the issue here. I have a similar issue with my Corvette immediately after fill up, but only occassionally. It corrects itself after about 50 miles so I ignore it. Good luck, congratulations and welcome!

·
Registered
28 Posts
If your problem is the same as mine, you'll find that the speedometer, tachometer and probably the temperature gauge will read low. You can verify by going to the enhanced settings of the EVIC and comparing them while you drive. The dealer initially said that the cabin control module was bad. He ordered a part, it came in, but now I'm told they have to send the entire cluster back to the factory for a fix. Seems that the modules in the cluster now store the odometer readings and any cluster replacement legally requires the factory to set the correct miles on the cluster. I'll take the car back Monday and I'm told they'll have to keep it for about a week.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Fuel Gauge issues--I got a recall notice today! (PLEASE READ!!)

Hello Gang,

Just received word from Chrysler that my car has been recalled for the fuel gauge issues. I contacted my dealer, and the service manager said that the car needs to have the software upgraded. I would suggest going to Chrysler's website and go to the 'OWNER'S' tab and click on that section. If you scroll down on the left hand side you will see a section regarding recall information. Type in the last 8 digits of your VIN (5H000000), to see if your car (or cars) are involved with the problem. You need to make an appointment to set up the upgrade. I hope this helps a few of us that this problem seems to be affecting. I hope everyone has a happy and safe holiday.

Sincerely yours,

Brian T. Carotenuto

·
Registered
381 Posts
04Black300C said:
If your problem is the same as mine, you'll find that the speedometer, tachometer and probably the temperature gauge will read low. You can verify by going to the enhanced settings of the EVIC and comparing them while you drive. The dealer initially said that the cabin control module was bad. He ordered a part, it came in, but now I'm told they have to send the entire cluster back to the factory for a fix. Seems that the modules in the cluster now store the odometer readings and any cluster replacement legally requires the factory to set the correct miles on the cluster. I'll take the car back Monday and I'm told they'll have to keep it for about a week.

THE DEALER IS WRONG

AFter my dealer blew out my cluster attempting to upgrade the software, they had to replace it. They ordered a new one and two days later I was on the road. Of course they still hadn't updated the software, but that's another story.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I sent you a PM!

Brian Carotenuto

·
Registered
28 Posts
Filled up my tank for the first time since I bought this car last month. And the speedo and tach work perfect now. The 5 star wanted to rip out the cluster and send it to the factory, but after I showed him the recall letter they did the correct research and reflashed the CCN. Thanks gossame1 for the notice on this recall.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts