Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

For awhile now I've noticed it but it's only until a few days ago where it is really starting to bug me. My fuel gauge and also my DTE menu has some weird problems. My gauge and DTE fluctuate quite a bit when full tank to about half tank, but it's not that much of a problem. But when my gauge reaches about half tank, it, along with my DTE starts decreasing a lot faster then it does from a full tank to half a tank. When my fuel gauge hits quarter of a tank I must find a gas station very fast because the gauge goes from quarter to empty very very fast. At a quarter of a tank it says I have about 70 miles or so until empty but in reality its more like 15 miles, if that. Anyone else have this problem? I have a 2005 300C and I'm aware there were some recalls concerning the fuel gauge for early models but mine does not have any.

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
There was a discussion about this topic a long time ago and your behavior SOUNDS about right, but I think a sensor isn't working properly. Of course, I could very well be wrong.

However, with normal readings the first half seems to take a while to go, and then the 2nd half goes quite quickly - that matches your experience though. I wonder how the gas tank sensors work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts