Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. My 2007 300C does not come with HID and I want to upgrade. However, I want to avoid anything that isn't as simple as plug and play. My 300C has halogen projectors.

Few questions:

1. Is the OEM HID projector the same as the halogen projector?

2. With my halogen projectors, could I just plug in a HID kit and not worry about looking fake and blinding other drivers?

3. How do 300s with OEM HID handle high beams? Are the high beams just halogen? I assume they are because SmartBeam can't work with HID.

4. Do all 300s that come with OEM HID have headlight squirters? I read somewhere that they aren't used in 2007+.

5. What is the recommended route?

Thanks.

Andrew

·
Registered
668 Posts
whisla13, I have a 2007 300C and I just added/replaced my lights with 8000K HIDs for the headlights and 8000K for the fog lights and ity was just play and play.. The beam pattern is basically straight across and it lights up the whole road... :) vbmenu_register("postmenu_704292", true);

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
whisla13, I have a 2007 300C and I just added/replaced my lights with 8000K HIDs for the headlights and 8000K for the fog lights and ity was just play and play.. The beam pattern is basically straight across and it lights up the whole road... :) vbmenu_register("postmenu_704292", true);
What brand of kit did you use?

·
Registered
668 Posts
I was thinking of replacing my high beam lights with 8000K or 10000K but it is hard to find a place for the ballest.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I tried what other members where mentioning and I tried HIDGATE on ebay $75 a pair and works great!! but supporting vendors provide better service then a ebay seller.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Hey all. My 2007 300C does not come with HID and I want to upgrade. However, I want to avoid anything that isn't as simple as plug and play. My 300C has halogen projectors.

Few questions:

1. Is the OEM HID projector the same as the halogen projector?

2. With my halogen projectors, could I just plug in a HID kit and not worry about looking fake and blinding other drivers?

3. How do 300s with OEM HID handle high beams? Are the high beams just halogen? I assume they are because SmartBeam can't work with HID.

4. Do all 300s that come with OEM HID have headlight squirters? I read somewhere that they aren't used in 2007+.

5. What is the recommended route?

Thanks.

Andrew
1. yes
2. yes
3. high beams are a separate bulb (#9005). if you wanted to upgrade those to HID, that is possible. i had them on my car but switched them back because i like to "flash" my high beams and HIDs take a few seconds to get to full candlepower.
4. no
5. buy an HID Conversion Kit for your low beam. 9006 bulb. i also recommend a HID fog light conversion kit. 9145/H10 bulb. i like either 6000K or 8000K.

be sure you buy a kit that is compatible and handles the "flicker" problem most cheap kits have. you might need a capacitor or even better is a 50-55w kit. most ballasts are 35w.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts