Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cleaning my car today and I noticed that my hood isn't prefectly aligned. One side of the hood is aligned with the body of the car but the other side the hood is dipping in a bit. Not really sure what the dealer can do and im not really worried about having it fixed because you can't really notice but I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this problem.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Minor to major misalignments can be found. Depending upon where they are, the dealer can readjust the fit. In your case, the hood is easily adjusted on the side but it is difficult to adjust in the front, usually because the front grille piece can have alignment problems itself.

I'd take it by the dealer ASAP, show the service advisor and ask for it to be readjusted.

Several others have commented on the hood alignment, particularly in the front.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I noticed the same problem a couple of days ago. I also have a door that is out of alignment slightly. I am taking the car back to the dealer on Monday, hopefully they they can get the hood and door aligned better.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
I was noticing wind and whistling noise from the drivers door when driving around 80. When I carefully inspected the gap behind the door handle I can easily see the white sticker in the door. The driver door panel is flush with the rear door panel, but there is a much wider gap when compared to the front passenger door. I now have 7 items on my list to have the dealer fix/check when I bring my car in for its first oil change.

Right pull
oil caked on outside of mufflers
front brake noise
front passenger floor mat loose/not flush
headlight alignment.
driver door alignment/wind noise
front passenger door hard to close, also needs alignment

·
Registered
28 Posts
I also think my driver door may be mis-aligned. (I also see the white sticker) Also, I have to give the door a NICE PULL to close on the first attempt..otherwise it gets hung up...I can't simply close it--has to be good door swing. anyone find this? also--on the trunk---Is the trunk supposed to fully open when remote is pushed? mine clicks open but says in closed position. I am wondering if I have a bad hydraulic lift...

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Chaseme973 said:
I also think my driver door may be mis-aligned. (I also see the white sticker) Also, I have to give the door a NICE PULL to close on the first attempt..otherwise it gets hung up...I can't simply close it--has to be good door swing. anyone find this? also--on the trunk---Is the trunk supposed to fully open when remote is pushed? mine clicks open but says in closed position. I am wondering if I have a bad hydraulic lift...
Your description of the driver's door is the same problem I am having with the front passenger door. The driver door closes correctly, but does have the wind noise.
I just measured the gap on both doors (parallel with the door handles), and the driver door has a 6/16 (3/8 of an inch) gap, the passenger door has a 3/16 gap, or half the gap size as the driver door.

My trunk does exactly as yours does. The trunk opens about half an inch, leaving a total of a one inch opening. I agree with you that the trunk should pop open further so we don't have to grab the lip of the trunk to fully open it.

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
My passenger door worked correctly until our recent trip to AZ in the rain... suddenly it has started to "catch" after opening, creating 1-2 hard clunking sounds when being pulled closed. Added to the service list with much trepidation as I do NOT currently have wind noise and if it develops I will be one angry woman!! This is a problem I have suffered with for several years in my Corvette and no one has been able to remedy the problem. :(

·
Registered
28 Posts
yes, I am VERY hesitant to have them start messing with the door alignment. I have very minor wind noise at high speed---but if they start messing with it I am afraid it may become like a tornado...I will probably deal with it and just pull hard to close...To me, it is a BIG risk to have them mess with it--

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Chaseme973 said:
The locally built cars here in Australia used to have the Trunk lid (Boot lid we call them :) ) spring wide open on models about 10 years back. They have changed that because so may were getting damaged if opened in strong wind. The lid would open and the wind would jerk the lid so much that it would bend it or strain the hinges.

·
Registered
99 Posts
HEMEEE said:
My passenger door worked correctly until our recent trip to AZ in the rain... suddenly it has started to "catch" after opening, creating 1-2 hard clunking sounds when being pulled closed. Added to the service list with much trepidation as I do NOT currently have wind noise and if it develops I will be one angry woman!! This is a problem I have suffered with for several years in my Corvette and no one has been able to remedy the problem. :(
I had the wind noise on my 2000 corvette. Just need to adjust the door windows so they tilt in more on the top. It's actually a very easy adjustment for someone that has a clue. Most dealers don't have a clue. Get someone in your local corvette club to help...

·
Registered
477 Posts
Hemi57 said:
The locally built cars here in Australia used to have the Trunk lid (Boot lid we call them :) ) spring wide open on models about 10 years back. They have changed that because so may were getting damaged if opened in strong wind. The lid would open and the wind would jerk the lid so much that it would bend it or strain the hinges.
good point and well taken.

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
Vanilla said:
I had the wind noise on my 2000 corvette. Just need to adjust the door windows so they tilt in more on the top. It's actually a very easy adjustment for someone that has a clue. Most dealers don't have a clue. Get someone in your local corvette club to help...
My vette has been to the dealer for this more times than I care to remember and the glass shops won't touch the vette since it's a "known" issue. I'll check with the local Corvette club when they do their Christmas show... never thought I'd get a vette tip here... ain't this forum grand?!!
Thanks Vanilla :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts