Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

The 300C is just about to be launched in Australia for the first time and looking for feedback on fuel consumption for th 3.5L V6. re: city cycle.

regards

Tel

·
Registered
109 Posts
tel2trader said:
Hi All

The 300C is just about to be launched in Australia for the first time and looking for feedback on fuel consumption for th 3.5L V6. re: city cycle.

regards

Tel
Welcome tel2trader to the forum. If you are thinking of buying a 3.5L u will have to wait for the next shipment as my information is all 300 of the cars recently docked and now in customs are fully loaded 5.7L's (unless yours is a special order). Remember the 5.7L is a 4 cyl for some of the time, lol. Cant go wrong there.

D

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Aussie 300C said:
Welcome tel2trader to the forum. If you are thinking of buying a 3.5L u will have to wait for the next shipment as my information is all 300 of the cars recently docked and now in customs are fully loaded 5.7L's (unless yours is a special order). Remember the 5.7L is a 4 cyl for some of the time, lol. Cant go wrong there.

D
If fuel economy isn't all important the 5.7 s worth the difference. With lots of fairly level highway driving the 5.7 will be running on 4 cylinders most of the time. I tested mine at 60 MPH (96.6 KPH) over a 5 mile (8 Km) stretch after resetting the mileage calculator. It showed 33+MPG. Not bad. I have done the MDS indicator light mod so I know it was in the 4 cylinder mode. My overall average is about 19 MPG.

Stateside only the 300C comes with the 5.7. The 2.7 and 3.5 V6's go into the base, touring and limiteds.

So Aussie 300C, how goes it in Adelaide? My son-in-law is from there. My daughter, he, and (2) grandsons now live in Kinross, WA, about 20 klicks north of Perth. Been to Adelaide once for Christmas/New Year holiday. Nice and warm there in December. From talking with my daughter, the price of gas here had gotten nearly equal to yours after all conversions. It has gotten a bit cheaper since it peaked about a month ago, maybe 15%.

Planning to get over to WA in April '06. Will have to let my "C" sit for a couple of weeks.

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
tel2trader said:
Hi All

regards

Tel
G'day tel2trader. I am just back from my US trip and I picked up the latest 300C & SRT8 broucher. The US MPG figures listed are:

2.7L V6 - 21/28 (city/hwy)
3.5L V6 - 19/27 (RWD)
5.7L V8 - 17/25 (RWD)
6.1L V8 - 14/20

You can do the sums but remember a US Gal is 3.89 litres.

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
TriShield said:
You guys are in for a treat. The car is at least as nice as the Commodore and Falcon (both of which I've driven) if not better in many respects. It's a real head-turner here, multiplied many times there.
Trishield, yeah I just got back from my US visit (2nd this year actually) and was amazed by how many 300s are on the road over there now. They really have "presence".

Interestingly I note that Chrysler Australia on their local web site here (url http://www.chrysler.com.au/chrysler...5-1-0-0-0-0-0-569-75202-0-0-0-0-0-0-0,00.html)
is calling the 3.5L 300 a "300C". I believe the equipment levels will be the same but I will be dissappointed if they do that.

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
TriShield said:
Hopefully Chrysler will export some SRTs over to give HSV and FPV a run for their money.
Hey, you really are displaying your knowledge of our little country downunder :cool:

Seems like about Q4 06 we should get the SRT8. When I placed the order of the "C" I discussed a potential swap-over but never got any specific commitment on likely residual value if I decided to go SRT8 at the first opportunity. I might pick that up again with them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fuel economy for 300 V6

Thanks Desiree, in metric your overall average is approx. 12L per 100kms. Not too bad. I will be doing a lot of city driving. I have noticed the turning circle in the brochure is a huge 11.8 Metres, how do you go with that? (I know you guys have wider streets than us Aussies).

regards
Tel

DESIREE said:
If fuel economy isn't all important the 5.7 s worth the difference. With lots of fairly level highway driving the 5.7 will be running on 4 cylinders most of the time. I tested mine at 60 MPH (96.6 KPH) over a 5 mile (8 Km) stretch after resetting the mileage calculator. It showed 33+MPG. Not bad. I have done the MDS indicator light mod so I know it was in the 4 cylinder mode. My overall average is about 19 MPG.

Stateside only the 300C comes with the 5.7. The 2.7 and 3.5 V6's go into the base, touring and limiteds.

So Aussie 300C, how goes it in Adelaide? My son-in-law is from there. My daughter, he, and (2) grandsons now live in Kinross, WA, about 20 klicks north of Perth. Been to Adelaide once for Christmas/New Year holiday. Nice and warm there in December. From talking with my daughter, the price of gas here had gotten nearly equal to yours after all conversions. It has gotten a bit cheaper since it peaked about a month ago, maybe 15%.

Planning to get over to WA in April '06. Will have to let my "C" sit for a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The SRT-8 is coming down under

TriShield said:
Hopefully Chrysler will export some SRTs over to give HSV and FPV a run for their money.
G'day,

First time I've visited this site - looks great so far, I fear lots of late nights in front of the Mac.

I was just about to pre-order a 300c 5.7 (released here next month). However that's on hold now after a recent trip to the states where I checked out the SRT8 in the flesh- and fell in lust!

I came back and pushed the dealer on whether the SRT-8 will be released and he claims that it will be available here in Australia April 2006.

At the moment I'm part of the dark side - my ride is a modified Monaro CV8-R (Pontiac GTO in USA), but I'm ready to cross back to Hemi Power!!!

I'll scan the forums and do some basic searches before I ask all the obvious "how can I go faster, louder and flashier" questions.....

Looking forward to exploring all things Hemi...again.

T-Dub

·
Registered
909 Posts
Once you do

You'll never go back

T-Dub said:
G'day,

First time I've visited this site - looks great so far, I fear lots of late nights in front of the Mac.

I was just about to pre-order a 300c 5.7 (released here next month). However that's on hold now after a recent trip to the states where I checked out the SRT8 in the flesh- and fell in lust!

I came back and pushed the dealer on whether the SRT-8 will be released and he claims that it will be available here in Australia April 2006.

At the moment I'm part of the dark side - my ride is a modified Monaro CV8-R (Pontiac GTO in USA), but I'm ready to cross back to Hemi Power!!!

I'll scan the forums and do some basic searches before I ask all the obvious "how can I go faster, louder and flashier" questions.....

Looking forward to exploring all things Hemi...again.

T-Dub

·
Registered
235 Posts
Can you other aussies let me know what you are able to negotiate for your 300c V8 hemi's if you so happen to get to that stage.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Domenic said:
Can you other aussies let me know what you are able to negotiate for your 300c V8 hemi's if you so happen to get to that stage.
First price I got was $76500 (on road incl sunroof) and I was happy with that so I put down $5K in April.
Then they had a press release and announced the price, $64500 on road with sunroof extra $2K.
Now I'm very happy! I'm not even going to ask for a better price.

In one of your other posts u asked if we may be getting old stock......Nah...we get the 2006 right hand drive version built in Bras, Austria
I was told the 300c is German designed and engineered, and it is the most awarded car in history....you need one

·
Registered
101 Posts
tel2trader said:
Hi All

regards

Tel
i have the same one in moscow normaly in huje trafic jams it consumes about 16-18 liter but when i drive it it takes 18-24

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
Talking to my dealer, seems that Chrysler OZ have warned dealers not to discount, although within the bounderies of the trade practices act. Why would they discount with all the first batch pre-sold and people queuing up to inquire about the 300C?

Bearing in mind I was one of the first to place an order here and put money down (November 2005) I got a token discount.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hi guys, I'm from Perth Western Australia

I have ordered the 300C 5.7L, mine comes off the next shipment. I got it for $59,990. Was also in the states about 2 months ago and fell in love with the Chrysler, will definately hold there own over here. Love the style!!!

Will be going for a set of 22's, bentley grill, magnum exhaust, and lowering.

Been thinking about bagging, but would like to know how good the ride is before going down that path.

Can't wait till it arrives :banana:

Not a big Holden or Ford fan :yawn: there boring :yawn:

Cheers guys

·
Registered
109 Posts
DUB300 said:
I have ordered the 300C 5.7L, mine comes off the next shipment. I got it for $59,990. Was also in the states about 2 months ago and fell in love with the Chrysler, will definately hold there own over here. Love the style!!!

Will be going for a set of 22's, bentley grill, magnum exhaust, and lowering.

Been thinking about bagging, but would like to know how good the ride is before going down that path.

Can't wait till it arrives :banana:

Not a big Holden or Ford fan :yawn: there boring :yawn:

Cheers guys
Check with ur insurance company about the 22's as the ones I have spoken too wont insure it for road use with them on.
Also I know that in SA AirBag susp is illeagal too

banana?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Thanks for the heads up mate

Will check with them. A mate of mine has 22's on his new Malloo Ute and got insurance.... Will check first though.

Might actually go with the Pedders suspension setup, I do like the ride height of the safety car used in the V8 series.

Cheers

·
Registered
246 Posts
That's right mate.

Under $65K though, which is a lot less than I thought they would be.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts