Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I am an owner of an '03 SRT-4 and I am an avid participant at SRTforums.com. My dad is picking up a vanilla 300C on Monday! I feel honored to join the community! Any advice on performance upgrades? I am pretty well-read with respect to my SRT-4, but I have a lot to learn about this car! Any help would be appreciated, thanks! :D

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Shmirgin44 said:
Hey all, I am an owner of an '03 SRT-4 and I am an avid participant at SRTforums.com. My dad is picking up a vanilla 300C on Monday! I feel honored to join the community! Any advice on performance upgrades? I am pretty well-read with respect to my SRT-4, but I have a lot to learn about this car! Any help would be appreciated, thanks! :D
I have found mostly cosmetic upgrads but there is the Exhaust and there is also a supercharger coming out. Somewhere on the forum there is a video of it coming soon.
Glad you're joining the fam.
KC

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
Shmirgin44 said:
Welcome to the forums! Poke around the performance mods section a bit, there is a vast body of knowledge here, and if there is something specific you are interested in but can't find, just ask - guaranteed there's someone here that can help... Enjoy!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the warm welcome, guys! I'm gald to see the flaming of noobs is not as rampant as at srtforums.com! One quick question: How is the "autostick". I know on the jeeps, it serves more as a "range limiter" i.e. you select the highest gear you want the tranz to shift into...I am just curious as to the logistics of the system as applied to the 300! :)

·
Registered
901 Posts
W.e.l.c.o.m.e.

Shmirgin44, WELCOME TO THE 300/300C FAMILY! :) you will definetly find this forum informative and among are some great people! Again Welcome!

·
Registered
665 Posts
Welcome to the family, Smirgin44! Have a good time!

Sincerely yours,

Brian T. Carotenuto

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Shmirgin44,

Welcome!!

Your father and you will enjoy this vehicle!
The auto-stick or as I like to call it the "lazy-man's" stick is nice.
1) off the line in '2' .... it's nice havin' the HEMI
2) In snow, lower for more torque to pull you out with and w/o ESP
3) saving the brakes

Again just like a stick but not as fun

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ha, cool I can't wait to mess with it! I always give my dad crap and tell him only real men drive true manual vehicles!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Picked it up @ 7:00! Been driving ever since!!!!!!! I freakin' LOVE this car!!!!!! I already got pulled over in it too! :rolleyes: I had the plated from our old car on the 300, and Im sure the cop ran my plates. He was surprised when he walked up to the car and i greeted him with, "I'm sure you're wondering why this is a Vanilla 300C and not a Blue Volvo C70..." I got off w/ a warning...:D

·
Registered
315 Posts
You are lucky you got of with just a warning! Good luck avoiding the bears in the future. We here in East Texas have to watch carefully! The cops tend to hid in the trees all up and down I20. :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts