Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
tommyz said:
hello everyone.....has anyone seen the 300c on 27"s ???
tommy Z
Maybe these are 27"s? :D

Someone would have to make some serious modifications to get 27"'s to fit.
For some reason I think 24"s may be the biggest that would fit the stock car.
24"s would probably have some rubbing problems.

I don't know the sizes of these wheels, but I am guessing they are 23" or 24"

Attachments

·
Registered
562 Posts
Found this pic and info on a car rim site...

300c on 27" Asanti Wheels on Special 22" Tires by Nitto
NOT RECOMENDED, TIRES RUB TREMENDOUSLY
Unless you plan on doing major body work to your car please
do not inquire about these for your 300c.

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Wheelz

That lava red one is actually mine, i built new spindles and the car was only made for the SEMA show in vegas , then i intended to make the spindles for resale so anyone could bolt on 23"s -or 24"S ....my main project is the body kit , i had a friend make the hood for us and we made the grill and body kit with rear lip spoiler, it was called the 300special.....

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Tha187um said:
Search the forum, there are two threads I believe with pictures of it...

Joey, 23 rub and I don't think 24 fit without mod.

~~~~Edited~~~~
I see you posted the same pics as on the other posts... those are 27
http://superbuytires.com/wheels/model/Lexani/Johnson/

they only make them on 27...
Guess I am not a good judge of rim sizes :eek:
I couldn't image 27"s fitting.
I assumed the car pic I attached had been lowered and was riding on something less than 27". But now looking at the pic again, the car does appear to be riding much higher off the ground.

tommyz,
Really nice car. How drivable is that car on the road?
Here is another pic of your car I had saved awhile back. Not much of a different angle, but a little bit bigger. Unfortunately, both of these pics are not the best quality.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yall are never gonna beleive this but that is actually built for a dealership in chicago...as far as driving........not so much...lol no just kidding i drove it from the convention center to the hotel and a couple laps down the strip.....before when i first bolted them up they rubbed like no tomorrow..then after a few minutes of tire grindin driving they were ready for the open road......lol...... thanks i have been looking for more pictures of the car so i can send links to the sponsors....

·
Registered
528 Posts
The grill on this car is fabulous.
Tremendous mod.
Now that should sell 00s if not 000s, eh?
Get that one out there if it is not too complicated.
Nice work.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
tommyz said:
Yall are never gonna beleive this but that is actually built for a dealership in chicago...as far as driving........not so much...lol no just kidding i drove it from the convention center to the hotel and a couple laps down the strip.....before when i first bolted them up they rubbed like no tomorrow..then after a few minutes of tire grindin driving they were ready for the open road......lol...... thanks i have been looking for more pictures of the car so i can send links to the sponsors....
I am curious how these over sized wheels effect ESP.
Is there an electronics tweak that adjusts for the bigger wheels?

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks, i have the grills and wings for sale currently and have done about 7 cars in michigan , unforunatly youll have to make a small cut to the front bumper .....but its all in good fun.... the body kits ...if dub does not purchase the rights will be ready for delivery in about 2 weeks and i have about 15 on back order as of weds...

the grill is actually 2 pc, and you can change the inserts weekly or bi monthly whatever you so feel up too...

tommy z

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oh , and the Hoods are also ready for shipping they are one pc fiberglass and are working ram air induction hood with the AIRRAID cold ar kit...

tommy z

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no.....i just made new spindles no electronic anything ....and no sensors have gone off yet so were in business , oh and by the way those gator 27"s are FOR SALE to a good home.....lol

·
Registered
121 Posts
OK, unless there has been some HUGE change ................... THOSE 27's are actually 22's with a "wrap around" on the outside edge of the rim. Look close and you can see it. 22" tires mount from the back side and the front wrap makes it look like 27's. There is no actual 27" wheel yet. And they are not "special" 22's, just normal (??!!) 22's.

;)

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You seem to be quite the know it all, Yes that is exactly what they are a plain old regular 22" with a 27" face and the (Not so special ) Nitto tire is beveled around both sides so you actually get a great ride because the tire is in reality a 305/65/22 i think something like that, so yes i only had to strech my spindles 2.5" for the not so special 22" wheels.......lol

Tommy"not so special" Z
Club C

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
is that disclosure actually on that site you found that pic at ??? and what site is it ?

thanks

TommyZ

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i can read 22 right on the tire.....also i know for a fact that in vegas that car had those same wheels on it and they were 22"s.....plus i know that 24"s wont fit without a bit of work......

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
tommyz said:
i can read 22 right on the tire.....also i know for a fact that in vegas that car had those same wheels on it and they were 22"s.....plus i know that 24"s wont fit without a bit of work......
I will take your word for it. The picture quality on my laptop isn't quite good enough to read the tire size. I took the tire size from the website with the pics.
http://www.westcoastcustoms.com/Home/Pages/index.htm

Attachments

1 - 20 of 78 Posts