Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
300c on 30's ***Got pics up***

hey, i've got a 06 chrysler 300c on 25's right now but i want to put 30' dub spinners on it. i got the rims and tires figured out. it's just the whole lift kit idea. i know there might be some problems with the 30's but have you ever seen it? if you want to hate.... hate on me
if you're going to bad mouth anything above 22's on the 300c then please don't reply. my car my decision. any ideas or help thanks? i'll be putting pics of my car up soon. thanks
sorry i can't figure out how to upload pictures on here, so here's my webshot thing for my whip
enjoy!

elidel1's photos and albums on webshots

·
Registered
331 Posts
I would like to see the pictures. Otherwise, this thread is useless.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Yeah, I gotta see this. There's a shop out here that's got a BB 300C on 26', motorized suicide doors, custom audio/interior. I'd never put anything bigger than 22's but that's his thing(actually thinking of going 20). Different isn't always good, but good if you want to be the 'talk'. Not my taste, but big ups to being different.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
If I were you I would get a set of custom spindles made up front that have the lift built in. sectioning the stockers that much may end up being a fatal move because welding cast metal is a tricky business. I suppose you should also do this in the rear.

You could do taller coils or custom coilovers but that still wont help you clear the wheel to spindle interference.

Anyways just some food for thought

oh and you may run into serious issues with the fenders specificaly on the fronts on the side closest to the door.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
search for that 300 dunk thread

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
i puked up alil just typing it lol

·
Registered
469 Posts
I mean, I'm the LAST person to be criticizing someone's style for their 300. Everyone hates on my ride..

... so I think i'll just keep my mouth shut.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I mean, I'm the LAST person to be criticizing someone's style for their 300. Everyone hates on my ride..

... so I think i'll just keep my mouth shut.
Who cares what everyone else thinks, you paid for it.

Not to say my taste meshes with everyone else, but I am curious to how this would be done.

·
Registered
655 Posts
gotta see these 25's!!

Email me the pic if you dont know where to get it hosted

[email protected]

·
Registered
622 Posts
I wonder if a 4X4 shop would have any ideas on how to properly lift the car to clear the wheels.

I agree that you will almost certainly have to change the fenders somehow to clear.

That sounds expensive to have the spindles custome made. But I bet the whole thing will be expensive to do it correctly.

You will have to upgrade your brake system, steering, gear ratio, shocks, struts, etc. If you don't you are looking to get into an accident. And it will be your fault.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
All im thinking is what your turning circle will be when you put 30" on, Tho, insane idea is awesome haha, send us some pics of current and when done later.....

All the best

·
Registered
622 Posts
I agree about the turning circle. But also, the cornering, acceleration, braking, suspension and ride will all be compromised.

Those large rims don't have alot of strength when taking a corner at speed, they are gonna want to flex and distort. Also, there is huge amounts of rolling mass and it's gonna take some boom boom diggity brakes to reel those monsters in.

What about highway driving? Panic stops? Evasive maneuvering.

This car will have to be for show only and no go.

And what about a ladder to get into the thing?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Good point that is...... i can just imagine taking a corner abit too fast and rolling the car on its side......

·
Registered
622 Posts
Think bicycle wheels. I remember literally bending the wheel in half so it looked like a taco.

Imagine doing that in a 4500 LB car. Not a pretty sight and darn dangerous too.

There is a shop by my house in Tampa that has what looks to be a 36" rim in the window. It is a gold spoked wheel.

Hey, why not just go with the 36's instead of the 30's? If your gonna do all the mods anyway why not go all the way?

·
Registered
469 Posts
I’m young enough to know the right car to buy
Yet grown enough not to put rims on it
I got that 6-deuce with curtains so you can’t see me
And I didn’t even have to put tints on it
I don’t got the bright watch, I got the right watch
I don’t buy out the bar, I bought the Nightspot

- jay-z

·
Registered
780 Posts
Can you get road hazard insurance for the rims and tires?

You know that 99% of the people that see it will hate it. The other 1% you probably don't want to associate with them, if they can even hold a conversation. Is that what you want?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Yeah, you're definitely going to get a lot of people turning their heads. This is just constructive criticism, but:
Probably most of the people that turn their heads are going to think its ridiculous; however, it is different and unique. It's not every day you see a sick car like the 300 rollin' on 30s.

Dare to be different. That's my motto. My honest opinion, more people are going to dislike it than like it. But its YOUR car, YOUR money, and YOUR style. So other people's opinions don't even matter.

Do you. :fing02:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Where in NC are you located?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts