Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'll be painting my brake calipers soon and I'd like to have my 300C on jacks so I can work around the vehicle, is there a "best" supporting point for the front/rear?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Here's the recommended points by Chrysler:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ove it when a team comes together to help out a bud. Thanks for the great info!!:grouphug:

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
One thing I could never figure out is where you put jack stands when the location is being used by a floor jack. I just don't see any other places to put them, at least that's recommended. I ended up buying another floor jack so I could remove both fronts and rears at the same time.

Bernie

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
One thing I could never figure out is where you put jack stands when the location is being used by a floor jack. I just don't see any other places to put them, at least that's recommended. I ended up buying another floor jack so I could remove both fronts and rears at the same time.

Bernie
I have read you can't get a 3" tire jack under the front of the SRT8.
Can you get a 3" tire jack under the rear?

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
I can get my 4" 4 ton sears Low profile Jack under mine (not an SRT but lower) in the rear, since the jack points are near the edge of my car... I also can get it under the rear control arms/suspension. On the front, if the jack had a long low snout, it would fit... but not sure they make one like that. It almost reaches the lift points, but not quite... so I have to drive up on some wood planks to get the jack in the right spot.

I imagine the SRT has about the same limits, but I'll let someone with one add their thoughts.

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
I have read you can't get a 3" tire jack under the front of the SRT8.
Can you get a 3" tire jack under the rear?
No problems at all jacking the car up joey. With SRT8's we just have to drive up onto a board and can slide the jack under the front. There's no problem with the rear using the proper lift point.

What I don't see is if I'm using the ONLY recommended lift points with my jack, there's nowhere else you can slip a jack stand under so you can remove the floor jack. Last summer I was forced to buy another floor jack so I could take my wheels in for tire replacement. I had to leave my car on the jacks for over an hour and didn't exactly feel comfortable doing that.

Bernie

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
No problems at all jacking the car up joey. With SRT8's we just have to drive up onto a board and can slide the jack under the front. There's no problem with the rear using the proper lift point.

What I don't see is if I'm using the ONLY recommended lift points with my jack, there's nowhere else you can slip a jack stand under so you can remove the floor jack. Last summer I was forced to buy another floor jack so I could take my wheels in for tire replacement. I had to leave my car on the jacks for over an hour and didn't exactly feel comfortable doing that.

Bernie
Don't you have the jack flanges under the doors?

When I use stands, I use these jack points to jack my car up with the tire jack.
I then slide the stand underneath to the lift points.

Attachments

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Don't you have the jack flanges under the doors?

When I use stands, I use these jack points to jack my car up with the tire jack.
I then slide the stand underneath to the lift points.
By golly yes I do! First time I've ever seen that pic you posted. Thanks! I've always used the points as in the pic Steve posted. I really don't get the rear one though. It's just behind the recommended rear jacking point.

Are you saying it's safe to jack from these points? Just the shape alone tells me I couldn't use a floor jack and we don't get a scissor jack. I don't think I'd even trust a jack stand there because of the shape.

Bernie

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
By golly yes I do! First time I've ever seen that pic you posted. Thanks! I've always used the points as in the pic Steve posted. I really don't get the rear one though. It's just behind the recommended rear jacking point.

Are you saying it's safe to jack from these points? Just the shape alone tells me I couldn't use a floor jack and we don't get a scissor jack. I don't think I'd even trust a jack stand there because of the shape.

Bernie
I have jacked my car many times when messing with my KW's and rear hotckis bushings and it is safe. The Chrysler jacks are sturdy.
Here is a pic I just took of the right rear. There is a cut-out in the sill for the jack. To the right of the jack is the round rubber lift point. There is enough space to slide a stand under the rubber lift point.
Not sure how aftermarket jacks are designed, but you could always buy a Chrysler/Mopar jack.

Attachments

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
That's kinda funny. When I first got my car, Brampton forgot to include the pump and can of goop so my dealer thought I was missing a jack. They'd never seen an SRT8 before and gave me a jack meant for a Crossfire. The whole point is SRT8's aren't meant to be jacked for changing a flat. I guess I could try it to see if it'll support my car without bending. Thanks for the idea.

Bernie

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
That's kinda funny. When I first got my car, Brampton forgot to include the pump and can of goop so my dealer thought I was missing a jack. They'd never seen an SRT8 before and gave me a jack meant for a Crossfire. The whole point is SRT8's aren't meant to be jacked for changing a flat. I guess I could try it to see if it'll support my car without bending. Thanks for the idea.

Bernie
I also learned something new today.
I never understood why the SRT8 owners had issues raising their car.
I knew they didn't get tire jacks, but I never understood why they didn't buy a tire jack. I just assumed all 300's including the SRT8 had the tire jack flanges under the door.
All I read was there wasn't enough room to slide a jack under the car, which I assumed they meant a tire jack. I didn't understand this SRT8 clearance issue because my car on KW's is lower than an SRT8. Now I know they were all referring to a floor jack, not a tire jack.:pat:
I just checked the price of a jack and wrench at a discount site and they total around $27.

2005 Chrysler 300 Wrench - Parts.com

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
I'm gonna give those points a go next time I need to raise my car off two wheels for an extended time. That way I can use the points in Steve's pic for the jack stands. I guess Steve's pic is mainly for hoisting purposes like at a garage or for short term floor jacking.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Yep Bernie, and since I use a floor jack at home, I use the hoist points.. I am afraid to use the front sill flanges and wouldn't recommend it with most floor jacks.. unless you were careful not to bend it up.. I worry about that point un-necessarily I fear..

The tire jack instructions and points are in the 300c owner's manual.... I just forget to add them in these posts since I don't use the thing... and folks usually ask for instructions needing high lift from a floor jack..

Maybe you me or Joey ought to put together a concise jack and jack stand thread and sticky it..

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Yep Bernie, and since I use a floor jack at home, I use the hoist points.. I am afraid to use the front sill flanges and wouldn't recommend it with most floor jacks.. unless you were careful not to bend it up.. I worry about that point un-necessarily I fear..

The tire jack instructions and points are in the 300c owner's manual.... I just forget to add them in these posts since I don't use the thing... and folks usually ask for instructions needing high lift from a floor jack..
Thanks Steve. These jacking threads come up every now and then. This is the first time anyone's mentioned the jacking points for scissor jacks I think (thanks joey!). I definately wouldn't consider using a floor jack on those flanges either, but it's nice to know there's an option to use jack stands in a safe location.

Bernie

1 - 16 of 16 Posts