Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My baby broke today, after overtaking a slow driver, I had the embarrassment of my car going into limp mode shortly after, and they then overtook me with a smile on their faces :irked:

It turns out the flashing lights are linked to the engine throttle response something or other, and the mechanic put it straight on the back of the truck

To my delight, I was presented with a diesel Vectra for my return journey !!

There is a silver lining though, I had a bit of a moan, and tomorrow morning they are delivering a brand new Jaguar XJ6 to my house and taking the vectra away

Chrysler Assist is not so bad afterall then !!

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
It happened to my CRD when my wife was driving it. She pulled out to overtake a slow car, half way through the engine went to slow mode, the car behind nearly rear ended her. It was the swirl motor linkage which broke, the dealer replaced it with a "modified" linkage and a brand new swirl motor (the old one was OK but they replaced it anyway). The whole experience was quite unsettled for my wife, now she won't drive my CRD.

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts
It happened to my CRD when my wife was driving it. She pulled out to overtake a slow car, half way through the engine went to slow mode, the car behind nearly rear ended her. It was the swirl motor linkage which broke, the dealer replaced it with a "modified" linkage and a brand new swirl motor (the old one was OK but they replaced it anyway). The whole experience was quite unsettled for my wife, now she won't drive my CRD.
Thats pretty bad James. It reminded me of when mine was on the tow truck as well :pat:

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
had the xj6 delivered, it was the £55k top of the range sovreign, it is a lovely car, but I was really glad to get my 300c back fixed, I really missed it, just goes to show that the 300c really is a special car

1 - 4 of 4 Posts