Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably not a good time of year to bring this up.....I'm sure that Chrysler had plenty of opportunities to test the 300C's high torque RWD in snow.

The last car I drove much in the snow was an '88 Mustang V8, which, with snow tires, got around OK despite a light rear end and no traction control.

Any thoughts on how the 300C will do?

·
Registered
19 Posts
exporter said:
Probably not a good time of year to bring this up.....I'm sure that Chrysler had plenty of opportunities to test the 300C's high torque RWD in snow.

The last car I drove much in the snow was an '88 Mustang V8, which, with snow tires, got around OK despite a light rear end and no traction control.

Any thoughts on how the 300C will do?
View this:

http://www.dcxmediaservices.com/videoptrs/wms/dctv/Mar04/LX_Tech.wvx

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
E55 KEV said:
Dedicated Winter Tires will be a must.
Absloutely in Ohio, 17" Blizzak II or equivilant on steel wheels. This is why I am keeping the 94 Grand Cherokee with only 73K, this thing is much better in the snow than the X5. I'll keep the C (as I did with my Citroen) in the garage most of the winter (or get the Blizzaks).

·
Registered
159 Posts
Cool...

Is there links to the other videos...:)

My car should be here today or tomorrow.... I need to feed my desire.:D

·
Registered
167 Posts
I live in canada, where snow is part of life, and the dealer insisted that winter tires won't be needed, and he seemed sincere about it since I had already pruchased the car. Although I doubt it, I am looking foward to testing them out, maybe I don't need dedicated tires.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Z2SO4 said:
I live in canada, where snow is part of life, and the dealer insisted that winter tires won't be needed, and he seemed sincere about it since I had already pruchased the car. Although I doubt it, I am looking foward to testing them out, maybe I don't need dedicated tires.
The all-seasons will be good, but dedicated winter tires on all four wheels will be virtually unbeatable. Outstanding acceleration, braking and turning. Worth it. Buy some steel wheel take offs from a dealer or www.tirerack.com. Cheap insurance. It can make a 20+ foot difference in stopping from 50 mph on snow. That's the difference between just having to change underwear and having to exchange insurance information with the guy you just rear ended.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts