Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where are the 300C's built at?

Does anyone know if they shut down the plant for a week around the holidays?

I have a 300C on order and just was curious.

Thanks!

Go Bears!

·
Registered
625 Posts
Ask Speckler

Just ask Speckler.

Oh yeah, the dumb assses at Brampton fired him!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Bearbacker42,

Hello, This is Brian Carotenuto. There is another plant that is handling production of the 300C. The plant is the Magna Steyr plant in Graz, Austria. They are handling some of the export market that Brampton doesn't cover. (No, I don't work for Chrysler or the plant, but I knew that the car was also being manufactured in Austria.) Don't know about the shutdowns. I hope this information helps.

Sincerely yours,

Brian T. Carotenuto

·
Registered
50 Posts
DanRealtor said:
Just ask Speckler.

Oh yeah, the dumb assses at Brampton fired him!
Is that true?! He was a very active plant worker who helped many people on this forum. What did he do wrong?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Hello, This is Brian Carotenuto. There is another plant that is handling production of the 300C. The plant is the Magna Steyr plant in Graz, Austria. They are handling some of the export market that Brampton doesn't cover. (No, I don't work for Chrysler or the plant, but I knew that the car was also being manufactured in Austria.) Don't know about the shutdowns. I hope this information helps.

Sincerely yours,

Brian T. Carotenuto

Brian is that in Austria? or is it in Australia? I thought that some of the people who have ordered from Australia, said that the plant was supposed to be there. Help me out here, am I full of it or what.......er don't answer that!

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Magna Steyr plant, Graz Austria, which builds the 300's as well as the Jeep Grand Cherokee, Jeep Commander, Chrysler Voyager and the Grand Voyager. It's quite a sophisticated plant, all vehicles are assembled on a single line and also share the paint shop, trim, chassis and final lines. This includes both left and right-hand drive as well as diesel models.

As far as the Brampton holiday goes, it is a 10-day shutdown and I believe it runs from Saturday December 24th through Monday January 2nd.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Painting

I hope that the paintfinish will be better in Austria. My dealer here in Sweden will repaint both my backdoors because of so called popping effects when the car was painted in the factory.
Sincerely yours
John J.

gossame1 said:
Bearbacker42,

Sincerely yours,

Brian T. Carotenuto

1 - 8 of 8 Posts