Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys and gals,
I am looking into importing a shaker kit from the USA to install on my 5.7ltr 300C
The kit that I wish to purchase has the direct induction ram setup,so it’s not just blowing air into the engine bay,but directly into the engine and it is made specifically for this vehicle!
I was just wanting to know if anyone has done this conversion and if so,might be able to share their installation experience and might have some finished product pics to share?
Thanks in advance,Matt.

Attachments

·
Registered
442 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I can't offer a lot of first hand knowledge, but about 10 years ago I helped a buddy install a Shaker Kit on his 05 Dodge Magnum 5.7. It's a pretty straight forward job, but extreme care should be taken so as not to scratch, chip, or distort the hood in any way when cutting hole. We use lots of low tack masking tape on the entire hood and blankets/towels secured with the tape to make sure of this. We then marked the masking tape with the Shaker cut pattern. You'll need to remove all the under hood insulation and temporarily remove the windshield washer plumbing. We did the whole job with the hood installed but, in hindsight, removing the hood and setting it up securely on supports would probably work better and for sure be easier to work with than leaning over the fenders. Also, if you're cutting the hole with a saber saw, be sure to get extremely fine blades (you'll need quite a few), and most of all take your time and make sure your measurements are spot on. If I can think of anything else, I'll let you know. Good luck and have fun. It really does look pretty cool when finished.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts