Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, just read a post over at Edmunds where the poster said that 300C's
with the self sealing tires are speed limited to 128, while 300C's without the
protection group do not have the limiter. Now, I thought the Conti tires self and non sealing, were given a rating of H meaning they are limited to 130 mph.
How can the non self sealing tired cars not be limited to 128 mph? Is this not a safety issue and maybe causing some of the holdup in delivering them to dealers so they could have their computers flashed with a 128 mph limiter?
Maybe they didn't catch a few of the early released 300C's and they are out there without a speed limiter?
Could the poster on that other board be wrong?
Inquiring minds want to know! Not that I'd ever have my car up to or over 128 mph :eek:

·
Registered
14 Posts
steves300c said:
Okay, just read a post over at Edmunds where the poster said that 300C's
with the self sealing tires are speed limited to 128, while 300C's without the
protection group do not have the limiter. Now, I thought the Conti tires self and non sealing, were given a rating of H meaning they are limited to 130 mph.
How can the non self sealing tired cars not be limited to 128 mph? Is this not a safety issue and maybe causing some of the holdup in delivering them to dealers so they could have their computers flashed with a 128 mph limiter?
Maybe they didn't catch a few of the early released 300C's and they are out there without a speed limiter?
Could the poster on that other board be wrong?
Inquiring minds want to know! Not that I'd ever have my car up to or over 128 mph :eek:

This would be great to confirm or dismiss. I WOULD like to have my car above 128- I've a turbo porsche and a super bike that on occassion have seen much higher numbers than 128. If the 300C has z-rated tires and a sport suspension, I would bet it would be a great high speed cruiser, perfect for those occassional treks across California's central valley and eastern desert on the way to Vegas.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I agree, the 128 mph speed limiter really sucks...

I killed a bmw 750 all the way to 128, and then he eventually came by since I was governed...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess it will be just a matter of time before a tuner comes out with a flash for the limiter, we might have to just wait until then.
I wonder who will be the first 300C in the 12's. :cool:
I'm already imagining gears(like maybe something around a 3.4x), cutting off the resonators, comp tuning, supercharger, etc. Just wonder how strong the autostick tranny is. Guess I might have to be the guinea pig and find out. :D

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Alright will someone with a non Protection Package 300C floor it and check the speedo out! Hurry! My Ol-Lady went with the PP - she needed that back up sensor. I am not getting it on the Magnum RT regardless of limiter.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I guess I'm more conservative than you guys. I like having all the features of the PP. I'm sure a set of Z rated tires and an after market computer chip will be had very soon. Ya know I loved how my old 2002 300M Special with the Mich Sports and sport suspension handled at high speeds. Cornered great and gave me alot of confidence. I did get tired of feeling every bump in the road though. I feel the 300C suspension is a nice compromise. Did noticed at 100 MPH if you hit a dip in the road it definitely floats some. Cornering at 50 MPH is pretty good though.

Bob

·
Registered
14 Posts
The 300C without the Protection Package still has the limiter. I tested mine tonight and it maxed out at about 128.

·
Registered
20 Posts
So the next questions is..... How can we disengage the speed limiter? With V speed rated tires, we could see a max speed of maybe 150 - 160? I hope someone is trying find a way to disengage this limiter.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TexasDriver said:
So the next questions is..... How can we disengage the speed limiter? With V speed rated tires, we could see a max speed of maybe 150 - 160? I hope someone is trying find a way to disengage this limiter.
+1
I'm with ya on that one.
What are some of the aftermarket Chrysler tuners? I'll call around if no one else has.

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
Guess We're Lucky In The Uk,are 300c's Are Limited To 155mph,oh The Fun We Have.lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts