Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I have a 2006 300C AWD which has developed a very annoying squeaking sound from the front right (passenger) corner of the sun roof.

If I pull down just a little on this corner of the sun roof while driving the squeak seems to happen less.

I have tried to spay WD40 into the sun roof channels thinking there was something rubbing, but this didn't help at all. Nothing appears to be loose.

Any suggestions from others on what may be cuasing this squeak....its so annoying!

Thanks
Gary

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Service Bulletin: Sqeeking Sun Roof on 300C Models

As a follow up to my previous note, I took the car into my dealer and they found out that there is in fact a service bulletin covering squeeks from the 300C sunroof. They claim the bulletin suggests using a new bolt design and torque settings for the frame that holds the sunroof in. The work takes about two hours and requires the headliner to be pulled out.

They want to charge over $200 plus parts for the job.

Has anyone else run into this problem? I am outside of my 3yr/36K warranty so they want charge me for the work.

Seems like if they know there is a problem with the orignial bolt design and torque settings that they should cover this work on a two year old car.

Curious of others have seen this problem or had the work performed?

Thanks
Gary

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Heard of it... just saw this thread and was going to stop in and point out the TSB...

I think you are liable for labor on TSB's after warranty, but I am talkin' out my butt, not from experience... someone else can chime in and help me out on that one.

Hope you get it fixed...

·
Registered
666 Posts
mine make noise too but its the rubber gaskets rubbing against the metal, with a little silicone lube on all the rubber surfaces the noise is gone for months comes back I redo it

·
Registered
87 Posts
Instead of bringing the car to the dealer and have them mess arround with my sunroof and steping all over the car and screwing things up more than they would fix, I decided to go to home depot and purchased a plumbing lubricater, it has to be water proof. I lubricated the rubber arround the sunroof in the venting position and it has been almost a year now and no squeeking or anything of that nature. Simplest solution....I hate bring it to the dealer....Hope that helps...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hi All,
I have a 2006 300C AWD which has developed a very annoying squeaking sound from the front right (passenger) corner of the sun roof.

If I pull down just a little on this corner of the sun roof while driving the squeak seems to happen less.

I have tried to spay WD40 into the sun roof channels thinking there was something rubbing, but this didn't help at all. Nothing appears to be loose.

Any suggestions from others on what may be cuasing this squeak....its so annoying!

Thanks
Gary

I have had mine in 3 times for that trouble. The noise is from the rubber seal around the GLASS part of the moon roof. Take a can of very good silicon, spray a good amount on a rag, and whipe the enitre rubber molding around the GLASS. Do this 3 or 4 times and your trouble will go away. The rain and car washes are drying out the rubber and causing it to make they nosie you hear.

Steve

·
Registered
630 Posts
As a follow up to my previous note, I took the car into my dealer and they found out that there is in fact a service bulletin covering squeeks from the 300C sunroof. They claim the bulletin suggests using a new bolt design and torque settings for the frame that holds the sunroof in. The work takes about two hours and requires the headliner to be pulled out.

They want to charge over $200 plus parts for the job.

Has anyone else run into this problem? I am outside of my 3yr/36K warranty so they want charge me for the work.

Seems like if they know there is a problem with the orignial bolt design and torque settings that they should cover this work on a two year old car.

Curious of others have seen this problem or had the work performed?

Thanks
Gary
What you need to do is talk with the service manager. Tell him that its clear there is an issue with the sunroof's and the bolts backing out and you want Chrysler to pick up the tab. He then can call Chrysler and see what they will do. Usually, Chrysler will pick up the tab or a least the parts under their good-will customer policy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts