Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.rastarajah.com/videos/srt8vs350z.wmv

This video is an perfect example of spinning 1st through 2 and the car upshifting to 3rd while you still only going 40 mph. Fuse 17 was pulled out in the last race and the rest were with traction control off.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Nice video man. I don't understand why everyone is having problems with traction. I can't MAKE my tires spin on pavement. Someone said the SRT rear is not POSI, but on slick concrete or gravel both of my rear tires burn. Are you guys that are loosing traction spinning both rear tires?

What does the fuse 17 do?

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
bigsrt8 said:

This video is an perfect example of spinning 1st through 2 and the car upshifting to 3rd while you still only going 40 mph. Fuse 17 was pulled out in the last race and the rest were with traction control off.
you "first" run,the second one on the video...
is exactly what it looked like on the 3 that I have uh, checked air flow parameters with...
just disappearing in my mirrors...

NICE JOB!

·
Registered
226 Posts
The sweet taste of victory. I too have the same questions re: fuse removal. I'm sure it has something to do with fully turning off ESP but would like someone to confirm. And for the record, the tires will spin up to red line with no issues. Unfortunately ESP, even when turned off, puts a stop to the fun. Imagine what times you could run with better meats and more traction.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
fuse 17 being pulled...
also completely turns off ABS...
and one other item I cannot recollect at this time...
will search and get back on this one for you guys...

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
7,554 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
man awsome vid.... i like how he got the jump in the third race...and you pulled on that biaatch....lol...love it!!

·
Premium Member
1,957 Posts
bigsrt8 said:

SWEET. Thanks for sharing...made my night.

I too had a 350Z pull behind me yesterday going up the ramp on the 101 freeway. He thought he was going to zoom around me on the long two lane ramp that goes into one:stups: I let him get just about even with me and gave it the rest of the throttle. When we got on the freeway there was too much traffic to continue our fun, but he did give me the thumbs up and flashed his lights.:lick:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I didn't want to race the 350Z becuase i knew my car was faster but he was talking so much crap... He later admitted that my car (300) was "Just" faster... but i feel that pulling out the fuse 17 makes the car shift harder, and in a 2 mile stretch of straight road you don't really need ABS... i have the all season RSA tires and they suck...:yuck:

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
not so bad

bigsrt8 said:
I didn't want to race the 350Z becuase i knew my car was faster but he was talking so much crap... He later admitted that my car (300) was "Just" faster... but i feel that pulling out the fuse 17 makes the car shift harder, and in a 2 mile stretch of straight road you don't really need ABS... i have the all season RSA tires and they suck...:yuck:

The RSA's are really an ok compromise. Not perfect, but OK. Ran all my times on them at full pressure.

·
Premium Member
1,957 Posts
4DRHTRD said:
The 350Z is a high 14/low 15 second car as compared to a low 13/high 12 second car. That being said, how could he kill you in the first race on the video?

Mike
Mike, you must have missed the last part of the video, or the first for that matter. "traction is a bitch", or lack of! If you loose three seconds in the first portion of the race, you cannot make up four seconds:) That pretty much sums it up.

·
Registered
55 Posts
That's why I'm SERIOUSLY considering the Jeep SRT8 as with more mods it will continue to get the power to the ground compared to the RWD cars. Due to the rotor size it's going to be impossible to slicks or decent drag radials on these things. 274/40-20 and 315/35-20's on the Jeep would be an awesome combo for the factory tires and offer TONS of traction.
:)
I was just ribbin him about losing to the Nissan, I would have just left it all stock and hammered it out of the hole. No spin, no loss.

Mike

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hehehe traction is a bitch. Since i was torque braking the car the first time it was almost a for sure thing that the tires were going to spin, usually they don't when i take off from idle..

·
Registered
25 Posts
sweet!!!!

Freakin' awesome......

Where does he carry his groceries? In his lap? hahahahahahahahahahaha! I love that a sedan is this much of an ass kicker....!

·
Registered
28 Posts
4DRHTRD said:
The 350Z is a high 14/low 15 second car as compared to a low 13/high 12 second car. That being said, how could he kill you in the first race on the video?

Mike
Nah 350z's are rate as a high 13 sec car. A guy I know with an auto 350z with a 14 flat, on stock tires.

·
Registered
28 Posts
GoBlue said:
Any idea what mods were on the Z?
It's stock. The guy just got it recently. Still has dealer tags on it. The guy likes to talk a lot of **** though. Typical asian kids. He took off from me down a busy street about a week ago. He was looking for a race. I know better then to smoke his ass in a busy street. Ill race him one of these days from a dig :naughty:

·
Registered
73 Posts
bigsrt8 said:
in a 2 mile stretch of straight road you don't really need ABS...
Sure, as long as you dont need to panic stop when that deer steps out in front of you at 120mph:stups:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts