Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am new and in the process of getting a 300C SRT8 to replace my 04 Volvo S60R. I am a RWD muscle car guy. Is the ESP on the 300C SRT8 the 3 position type like in the Charger SRT8? Can I do smoky burnouts, slide the car sideways and chirp the tires on gear changes like the E55 AMG does? Every commercial I see for the Charger SRT8 shows it doing this. What about the 300C SRT8? Thanks, Tigers81

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
new builds have it

3 position is on newer CSRT8. Sometime in August is the start of 3-way.

Mine gets plenty sideways with the 2 position switch! If outside is below 50 it really is amazing to leave ESP on and listen to the tires slip and then the throttle retard, then repeat!

This AM it was 36, and the car lit them up from a 15 mph roll-on. I really think this thing would be a handful if they let it hit second hard!

Steve
06 CSRT8
all stock all original
everything but DVD
waiting for software

·
Registered
20 Posts
How can the pre-August SRT-8's get the benefit of the 3-way ESP? (Without the GSM "Mod".)

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tigers81 said:
Hello,

Can I do smoky burnouts, slide the car sideways and chirp the tires on gear changes like the E55 AMG does?

I owned an '04 E55 AMG before my SRT-8 300 and the E55 will not chirp the tires on gear changes no matter what position the ESP is in. The gear changes were a little faster and smoother and the power did not drop off at all, however. The car was truly a beast with a best bone stock e.t. of [email protected] and [email protected] with drag radials and slightly more boost.

·
Registered
563 Posts
If you mean the MPH mag burnout, that was a stock SRT-8 Charger, and all SRT-8s after the cutoff have that function.

JBS, bad news, they cant, one estimate was 10K to add it, since its a completely new ABS system.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Tigers81 said:
Hello,

I am new and in the process of getting a 300C SRT8 to replace my 04 Volvo S60R. I am a RWD muscle car guy. Is the ESP on the 300C SRT8 the 3 position type like in the Charger SRT8? Can I do smoky burnouts, slide the car sideways and chirp the tires on gear changes like the E55 AMG does? Every commercial I see for the Charger SRT8 shows it doing this. What about the 300C SRT8? Thanks, Tigers81
Smoky burnouts and slide sideways? Yes. Chirp the tires on any gear change? Not even close in stock form or with any current mod that I have heard of. Not that I am complaining. If you are a RWD muscle car guy this is the car you are looking for at half the price of the AMG.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Tigers81 said:
Hello,

Trans works off of solinoids to shift, so the computer would have to raise the line pressure really frikin high to do that, which would brake many expensive hard parts in the trans...I dont thing DMX will allow the reprograming of that management system. We just rebuilt a benz trans in a e series, same unit, close to 5k bill :nutkick:

I looked at the r volvo what did you think?

·
Registered
625 Posts
Yes

Tigers81 said:
Hello,

Yes,
Your 300C SRT-8 can and will do NHRA type, Smoke Billowing Outta The Wheel Wells Burn Outs All Day Long! Mine does!

No, on the chirps. But it does have an incredible FWUGH exhaust note on gear shifts. (Pull down the split fold down rear seats to hear it better!)

My first set of rear tires were properly used (melted) while my SRT-8 and I got to know each other!

ESP Off = Smoky Burnouts with torque mgmt keeping the front pointing straight ahead.

ESP Disabled (Hold for 7-10 seconds) = Smoky burnouts + Drifting + Whatever the hell you want! (ABS Still works)

Pulling fuse #17 (not recommended) = All of the above with NO ABS and every warning light on in the dash. This was impemented for the '05's and early '06's without the 3 way ESP.

BTW: My '06 300C SRT-8 was built on 8/3/05 and does have the 3 way ESP.

Dan

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
70gto said:
Trans works off of solinoids to shift, so the computer would have to raise the line pressure really frikin high to do that, which would brake many expensive hard parts in the trans...I dont thing DMX will allow the reprograming of that management system. We just rebuilt a benz trans in a e series, same unit, close to 5k bill :nutkick:

I looked at the r volvo what did you think?
I have done alot of mods to my S60R; everything but a bigger turbo. It is a 301/320 whp/wtq car. 4.8 0-60. The big thing I about it is it is a 90% fwd 10% rwd awd system. So as I up the hp and tq on the car the torque steer gets worse and worse. If it was a rwd only car or even a 50/50 % awd car I would be keeping it.

I think the E55 AMG chirps the tires on the 1st to 2nd shift due to all that 516 btq so low in the rpm band. I test drove one and the spinning of the wheels at launch and the 1st to 2nd chirp was amazing but is it worth 92k, absolutely not! This is why I am looking at the 300C SRT8 so hard. Awesome bigshoulders styling and bad boy rwd muscle car performance. It does not get much better than that! I envy you guys every single day! If any of you live in Atlanta I would love to go for a ride in your beasts and I can take you for a ride in mine and we can compare!

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
wait for the miles

that lovely E55 gets a little less lustrous with some miles. 2 seperate clients of mine have kept theirs a long time and have lots of great stories to tell you.

Seems that positive manifold pressure eats expensive motors. Entire drivetrains. Billfolds, especially!

I don't think Mercedes quality is quite what it was years ago. Check out any older supercharged or turbo car. They are usually working on a new motor!

By the way, anyone tell me how you Dyno a 4 wheel drive car? I need some help with that one!

Steve
06 CSRT8
all stock all original
everything but DVD
waiting for software

·
Registered
625 Posts
4 Wheel Dyno?

stevesrt8 said:
that lovely E55 gets a little less lustrous with some miles. 2 seperate clients of mine have kept theirs a long time and have lots of great stories to tell you.

Seems that positive manifold pressure eats expensive motors. Entire drivetrains. Billfolds, especially!

I don't think Mercedes quality is quite what it was years ago. Check out any older supercharged or turbo car. They are usually working on a new motor!

By the way, anyone tell me how you Dyno a 4 wheel drive car? I need some help with that one!

Jack up the front & Dyno the back. (watch the jackstands)

Then

Jack up the back & Dyno the front. (watch the jackstands again)

Then

Add, 2 + 2 = 4 :banana:

Just Kidding! I have no Idea!

Dan

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have always dynoed mine in 2wd mode as the difference in whp between the two is 1hp. However I do believe the Mustang dyno is a 4wd dyno.

stevesrt8 said:
that lovely E55 gets a little less rous with some miles. 2 seperate clients of mine have kept theirs a long time and have lots of great stories to tell you.

Steve
06 CSRT8
all stock all original
everything but DVD
waiting for software

·
Registered
435 Posts
I got mine dyno'd on a 4 wheel dyno at a local shop that caters to WRXs and Evos. They were quite excited to see eight cylinders in action.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Tigers81 said:
I have done alot of mods to my S60R; everything but a bigger turbo. It is a 301/320 whp/wtq car. 4.8 0-60. The big thing I about it is it is a 90% fwd 10% rwd awd system. So as I up the hp and tq on the car the torque steer gets worse and worse. If it was a rwd only car or even a 50/50 % awd car I would be keeping it.

I think the E55 AMG chirps the tires on the 1st to 2nd shift due to all that 516 btq so low in the rpm band. I test drove one and the spinning of the wheels at launch and the 1st to 2nd chirp was amazing but is it worth 92k, absolutely not! This is why I am looking at the 300C SRT8 so hard. Awesome bigshoulders styling and bad boy rwd muscle car performance. It does not get much better than that! I envy you guys every single day! If any of you live in Atlanta I would love to go for a ride in your beasts and I can take you for a ride in mine and we can compare!
you'd probably have been interested in my (just sold) 2001 S4, chipped/twin-turbo'ed and quattro AWD...no torque steer, 325-hp, 370 ft-lbs of torque...launch at 3300 or so and feel all four tires chirp then bite...0-60 in 4.7 or so...

the newer (V8) s4's are not so easy to mod, and are heavier, but if you say you'd stay with the volvo if it wasn't for torque steer, you should probably check out some audi's...

that being said, my new silver steel beast makes me smile even more :biggrin:

·
Registered
455 Posts
Dyno an AWD?

stevesrt8 said:

Steve
06 CSRT8
all stock all original
everything but DVD
waiting for software
In case you did not get a reply to your question, and have not found a place to dyno an AWD car, check the DSM (Talon/Eclipse) forums, and specifically the DSM.org web site, I'm sure you will find it there... good luck.

Ben
waiting for my 06 SRT8...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts