Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI

Huge Hemi for Chrysler 300C SRT8
http://www.bramptonassembly.com/modules.php?name=News&new_topic=5Monday, November 22, 2004p

Chrysler is loading a monster 6.1-litre Hemi V-8 engine into the 2005 Chrysler 300C SRT8. It's a brand-new power plant that delivers a huge 425 horses and is rumoured to be capable of taking the car from zero to 100 km/h in around five seconds. The model is the latest addition to the Chrysler group's Street and Racing Technology performance-vehicle lineup. SRT has developed seven vehicles, each of which is the performance leader in its class. Pricing is likely to be around $59,000 based on the price-differential pattern of other SRT versions
http://www.bramptonassembly.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=25

·
Registered
529 Posts
That should be in Cdn Dollars, but if you follow the currency market our Cdn dollar is rising against the US and was over 85 cents on Friday.

I know not many of these cars will be sold this side of the border at this price, and I would not be very surprised if the car was cancelled due to the Kyota proticall which is rearing it's ugly head again. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
562 Posts
If it's $59,000 CDN I might be tempted to get my hands on one but right now im not bought on spending $10,000 extra for more HP's. For that extra money I can do some major mod's to my current 300C. The price seems cheap compared to the Dodge Ram SRT Quad can which is $66,000 CDN.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Keep in mind it's not just an extra 85 HP. The car has better suspension, better brakes, is supposed to be lighter, and hopefully won't have ESP :)

Also, the fact the 6.1 is naturally aspirated means you can do those same mods to the SRT and still get better performance. Gonna be interesting to see numbers from a supercharged 6.1 or a twin turbo package.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Js440 said:
Keep in mind it's not just an extra 85 HP. The car has better suspension, better brakes, is supposed to be lighter, and hopefully won't have ESP :)

Also, the fact the 6.1 is naturally aspirated means you can do those same mods to the SRT and still get better performance. Gonna be interesting to see numbers from a supercharged 6.1 or a twin turbo package.

From previous posts that ( supercharger or turbo ) won't be possible without a modified trannny!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Js440 said:

DC recently announced a new policy of putting ESP on all their new cars beginning in 2006 as part of the base price of the lines, so it's unlikely that any DC product will be built without it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
for those of us who are stupid and have no idea how much 59,000 canada money is will someone please tell us in us dollars.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
today $59k CAD equals $50k USD.

I hope that is a fully loaded MSRP with the only option being Black or Silver. That price would have to also included DVD Nav also.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Fear this! (CTS-V Owners).

I'm still betting on $39,500 for a base SRT-8.
Maybe less. :D

·
Registered
83 Posts
Redman said:
I'm still betting on $39,500 for a base SRT-8.
Maybe less. :D
that seems a bit low considering i paid that for my fully loaded c. im sure that all the srt-8s will be fully loaded right? if not that blows

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yup ... $59K CAD, should definitely be right around $49K US ... that does sound high .....

I hope the car comes in at $41-45K (45K being fully loaded, sunroof & DVD GPS NAV)

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
I'd like the Base price to be $39k also, but if the car comes standard with DVD Nav and silver or black is the only option it will be a little more. Maybe around low $40k. It should be at least $5k to $8k or maybe $10k cheaper than the $49,300 Cadillac CTS-V.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I don't know if any of you guys remember but in another thread sometime ago I stated that I had talk to a Chrysler representative at the Dream Cruise and he said it would be around $45,000-$50,000. You figure a loaded 300C is around $40,000 sticker, the SRT-8 is not a far stretch at $50,000.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm surprised at the amount of angst over price. For this level of performance anything under 60k (e500 is 64k or so) seems cheap.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I'm not sure its the performance people are worried about. Someone could mod a WRX, SRT-4 etc for well under the price of an SRT-8. It all comes down to what people think the car is worth. One reason why the C is doing so well is the price point it is at. In fact, many people believe the price is too low. When you hit the 49K-52K you start to expect a certain type of car (and image) for that price. Some people believe the SRT-8 is worth that money, other people say that is way too much for a "Chrysler". Its kind of like the problem VW had with their Phaeton. The car started I believe around 75K and it was an unbelievable car. People in the market for a car that costs that much don't want a VW; they want a Lexus, MB, or a BMW and thus the car failed (at least in the US). I think some people will have the same mentality when it comes to Chrysler. I call it the SNOB effect. :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Mildog said:
I'm surprised at the amount of angst over price. For this level of performance anything under 60k (e500 is 64k or so) seems cheap.
Well, we have to discuss something. Every topic is a good one! :D

·
Registered
62 Posts
jcsganga34 said:
I'm not sure its the performance people are worried about. Someone could mod a WRX, SRT-4 etc for well under the price of an SRT-8. It all comes down to what people think the car is worth. One reason why the C is doing so well is the price point it is at. In fact, many people believe the price is too low. When you hit the 49K-52K you start to expect a certain type of car (and image) for that price. Some people believe the SRT-8 is worth that money, other people say that is way too much for a "Chrysler". Its kind of like the problem VW had with their Phaeton. The car started I believe around 75K and it was an unbelievable car. People in the market for a car that costs that much don't want a VW; they want a Lexus, MB, or a BMW and thus the car failed (at least in the US). I think some people will have the same mentality when it comes to Chrysler. I call it the SNOB effect. :cool:
Couldnt agree more. Well said !!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts