Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how the OEM lip spoiler is attached to the trunk? I have a 2007 300C SRT8 since 10/28/07 that is garaged and just noticed that both ends of the spoiler are detaching form the trunk lid.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so, how did you remedy the problem of the spoiler from detaching from trunk lid again? (Don't want to go to the dealership as I don't trust them to do the right thing.)

I want to correct this before I lose my spoiler.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
It's just held on with 3M tape.

Bernie

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there a preferred way of removing the spoiler to clean up the spoiler and apply new tape? Also, are there different grades of 3M tape that withstand or hold up better than factory installed tape?

Thanks for your help.

Pete

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've heard that a hair dryer could be used to soften or make the tape more plyable in the removal process. Is this true? Also, is there a better quality double back tape than what is used from the factory installation?

Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Patrick 00,

Thanks for the link. By the way, how much did your spoiler detach form your trunk lid? Was it significant or was it just in the beginning stages? Did you find any difficulty with the removal and re-attachment process that is not identified in the link?

It's hard to believe that beautiful vehicles such as these would have these fitment issues. Maybe that is why they eliminated the spoiler in the '08's and built a lip into the trunk lid.

Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
Does anyone know how the OEM lip spoiler is attached to the trunk? I have a 2007 300C SRT8 since 10/28/07 that is garaged and just noticed that both ends of the spoiler are detaching form the trunk lid.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so, how did you remedy the problem of the spoiler from detaching from trunk lid again? (Don't want to go to the dealership as I don't trust them to do the right thing.)

I want to correct this before I lose my spoiler.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
There is a TSB for this. My wing had a slight gap in the middle, and low and behold, I lost it it on I-95 somewhere. I brought the TSB to the dealer and they put on a new OEM Rear deck Lid with the doubled sided 3m tape. I was pretty surprised that these came taped from the factory, and so was the dealership. Haven't had any problems with it since the install. Here's the link to the TSB. Hope this helps! :)

http://www.wkjeeps.com/misc/LX/TSB/TSB_2304105.pdf

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There is a TSB for this. My wing had a slight gap in the middle, and low and behold, I lost it it on I-95 somewhere. I brought the TSB to the dealer and they put on a new OEM Rear deck Lid with the doubled sided 3m tape. I was pretty surprised that these came taped from the factory, and so was the dealership. Haven't had any problems with it since the install. Here's the link to the TSB. Hope this helps! :)

http://www.wkjeeps.com/misc/LX/TSB/TSB_2304105.pdf
Thanks for all the info....looks like I might be taking a ride to the dealership for this fix after all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts