Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
mm i just started putting stuff on my srt8 but im not sure what are the best things i should have on it .. its stock now , but what kind of exhaust and what other stuff do u recommend ? and the transgo for the gear ! is there a transgo shift kit for the srt8 ??

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
WELCOME from our West Virginia LXs in the Mid-Ohio River Valley!

Start with a 180 F or 170 F Tstat.

Air Hammer and AFE StageII are two proven CAI to recoup power through better breathing. Cat back exhausts are fairly common and quite a number of vendors provide them. When I get to that point, I will be going with Corsa, or the MoPar exhaust which is made by Corsa.

Variety of sources for headers as well.

And the best bang for the buck would be a DiabloSport Predator tuner.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yaa ok , but what is a tstat !? what dose it do ? and im thinking of a throttle body theres the FAST 90mm and the arringtons 90mm which ones better the arringtons more expensive ... plzz help ,, money is not an issue

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
Tstat is short for Thermostat, i.e., the thing that controls the coolant flow through the engine. It's location is just below and to the left of the throttle body where the upper radiator hose attaches to the engine block. The stock Tstat is set for well over 200 F and the coolant will typically run 212 to 219 F. It's for emissions contorl, but you lose lots of HP due to heat soak above about 190 F.

With respect to larger diameter throttle bodies, can't help much there. I know there are some people who have put them on.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ooooh ok i now what a thermostat is cool thanks nyway .. itll cool the engine .. but wil it really lose me some hp ? and wat exactly is the spacer ? and i got the DUB air intake .. is it good ..? and mm sorry for alot of questions lol but .. i also order the diablo predetor .. is it easy to tune myself or should i have someone do it for me ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oohh ok i nw wat a thermostat is .. itll make the engine coooler .. and the gauge of heat goes down.. but dose it really lose hp ? and waht about the predator tuner can i do it my self or do i have to have someone do it for me ? and i got the DUB air intake is it good ?

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
A cooler engine will generate more power, not less. I don't know anything about the DUB CAI, but I doubt that it breathes any better than the stock air box. So that's probably a wash... but the CAI sounds more aggressive I'm sure.

I found the Predator easy enough to use, but from your questions, not knowing about Tstats, etc., I'm not sure whether you would find it easy or not. Just read the instruction booklet thoroughly, follow the directions precisely and use the website to make sure you're tuner is completely up to date and you should be fine.

The intake manifold spacer is a thin, non-heat-conducting, gasket-like product that goes between the intake manifold (that silvery central hump of a thing on top of the engine) and the block of the engine underneath. The aluminum intake manifold gets so hot (I'm sure you've noticed) that you can not touch it without burning your hand after driving. With an intake manifold spacer, people have been able to hold their hand on the manifold directly after driving the car very hard, e.g., on a race course. It still gets very warm, but it's not burning hot.

Again... the cooler the components through which air enters the engine, the more dense the air, and the more power generated.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh ok no man i new what a thermostat is but its that i ddnt know what t -stat is im from kuwait man ;p ok, so i should get a spacer .. and y do u think its bad i heard it was really good for (DUB) a CAI. and for the cat back watd u think is better corsa or magna flow ?

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
I didn't say the DUB was bad, just that I doubt that it provides any gains in HP. I have no doubt that it will sound good.

When I eventually get an exhaust system, it will be Corsa or the MoPar exhaust system (made by Corsa). Nothing wrong with MagnaFlow or others, but my choice will be Corsa.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
yaa ok , but what is a tstat !? what dose it do ? and im thinking of a throttle body theres the FAST 90mm and the arringtons 90mm which ones better the arringtons more expensive ... plzz help ,, money is not an issue
If money is not an issue...I think for around 10k you can get yourself an RDP Vortech Supercharger.....RDP is one of the supporting vendors here so check them out. YOu'll be pushing some serious HP.

If that is too much then go with what others have stated.....diablo and CAI will get you about 20-30 RWHP gain and for the money that's probably the best bang for the buck...tstat is good and cheap as well.

After that you can start messing with cam/heads etc.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
...ive stayed with the factory Mopar CAI. Its all about personal choice. Every car will run and tune different to the next, with or without the same CAI. Read around in here and make your mind up, there is plenty of information on CAI and results.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
shaheensrt8 hey bro welcome aboard o dont forget to pay us a visit in the kuwaiti thread that we have going on :)

Intake go for AFE or Just MOPAR .. Airhammer is sweeet deal too , most of us are running afe o we love it :)

anyways welcome aboard once again :)

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
hey man Goofy TML .. could u add me on msn .. itll be much easier to talk ... plz thanks
[email protected]
Thanks for the PM, but I'd rather keep the conversation here in this, or other threads on the forum. Potentially helps more people that way.

So, continue to ask your questions. As Q8SRT8 indicated, you may have an easier time in the Kuwait thread, or with contacting others from your region who can better relate their experience and vehicles to yours.

·
Premium Member
394 Posts

oh ok no man i new what a thermostat is but its that i ddnt know what t -stat is im from kuwait man ;p ok, so i should get a spacer .. and y do u think its bad i heard it was really good for (DUB) a CAI. and for the cat back watd u think is better corsa or magna flow ?
Being new myself, these folks are giving both of us very good advice. My SRT8 runs a "normal" temperature over 210 degrees. A thermostat is a very cheap and easily installed modification.

Heeding the voices of wisdom, I'll buy one tomorrow.

Regards,

jamesdtuttle

1 - 20 of 21 Posts