Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 300C rotors are pooched and I am looking to change em out, no need for extreme, but I am wondering if I should go aftermarket or stay with Mopar parts? Is there a good, inexpensive rotor/pad combo out there?
thanks guys, this newer stuff is a mystery to me when it comes to sourcing parts. :)

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
right on! thanks Cueball....it goes into the shop tomorro morn and one of my site members has some prety good connections, so I will see what he can get to get the car safetied then look nto something from Dave. I know the cheesy rotors will warp in no time, so those slotted ones ook perfect! :)

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Good deal... let us know how it works out!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Wow! Even better news....apparently the last mechanic was reading the wrong specs...:D My rotors are great, I only needed rear pads (sticking caliper slides?) and an outer tie rod to safety! Whoohoo! :D

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Wow! Even better news....apparently the last mechanic was reading the wrong specs...:D My rotors are great, I only needed rear pads (sticking caliper slides?) and an outer control arm to safety! Whoohoo! :D
This is the first car I've ever owned that wears the rear pads faster than the fronts. It's the brake lock differential and ESP.

Bernie

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
i went with r1 concepts drilled and slotted. very happy

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So the wear isn't abnormal? I just assumed maybe they had changed the fronts once already.
Please note, it was a tie rod end, not a control arm. I really shouldn't be allowed on the boards after med time. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts