Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Back in June, I stated in a thread that my dad ordered a black 300C loaded. Well, it arrived two days ago. I went to the dealership with him the day after it arrived and the saleswoman discussed numbers. They inspected his loaded '04 300M with only 5,000 miles and presented him with the trade in value. $20,000!!! He paid $40,000 for it according to him. Why the hell he would do such a thing for an outgoing model is beyond me. Anyhow, the payoff was greater than the appraisal. $15,000 difference. And when factoring that into the new car payment, it would come up to $50,000. He said forget it. I told him to keep his 2001 300M more than a year ago but he failed to listen and bought the '04. What for? How the hell do I know. Now he can't pick up his '05 300C because of his stubbornness and stupidity. Ah well, next year.

After speaking with the saleswoman, I learned that this 300C was ordered without a sunroof and Uconnect. When I look at it without the sunroof, it seems rather cheap. Doesn't appear to have that "loaded" look. Looking at a blank space in the roof from the interior looks unfinished. I suppose i'm so used to driving cars with sunroofs that it's odd. It should have been ordered with one. Increases the value of it. Just adds that touch to the car.

So if anyone in the MD/DC area wants a black 300C with no sunroof and no Uconnect should head over to Darcars Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep of New Carrollton. On the sticker, you will see "This car specially built for S-----G-----T----. Won't spell out his name.

Here are the pics of the car he would have brought home. They planted it right in front of the building's entrance to attract customers. And that it is.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Hi Junior, it is all your fault! You should have told him, show him pics/specs of upcoming 300C and insisted that he keep the 2001 and get the brand new 2005 300C Hemi in 2004 that was just around the corner! Just kidding. :D

Sorry to hear about your Pops dilema. How much did DARCARS knock off the MSRP sticker price on the Black 300c? What was Sticker?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I really wish Chrysler would offer the 300C in a true black and not a pearl. Chrysler paint is typically flat (less orange peal than ford and GM, and many import brands). The pearl effect on black is usually done to mask cheap paint (a la Scion). Oh well :(

·
Registered
81 Posts
Not true...

I have a M3 with similar paint called by BMW cosmos paint... I personally think it is much better looking than a flat black vehicle like a honda or something. I suppose we all have our own preferences.....

·
Registered
10 Posts
jtrejo said:
I have a M3 with similar paint called by BMW cosmos paint... I personally think it is much better looking than a flat black vehicle like a honda or something. I suppose we all have our own preferences.....
I know what you mean. Lexus black is sweeeetness though. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Vintalage said:
It should have been ordered with one [sunroof]. Increases the value of it. Just adds that touch to the car.
That touch...of missing headroom. And chassis flex. And rattles. Missing uConnect not a problem for us cro-magnons that refuse to carry a cell phone.

Sorry to hear about the situation. If I were still in the market, I might be on a plane up there. Especially if it were blue instead of black.

Sunroofs are one of those options lots of people are not ambivalent about. At least DC gives you the option. Some imports (my bloody Acura comes to mind) all come with them.

Someone will snap it up quickly I expect.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
E55 KEV said:
Hi Junior, it is all your fault! You should have told him, show him pics/specs of upcoming 300C and insisted that he keep the 2001 and get the brand new 2005 300C Hemi in 2004 that was just around the corner! Just kidding. :D

Sorry to hear about your Pops dilema. How much did DARCARS knock off the MSRP sticker price on the Black 300c? What was Sticker?
Haha. I did. He asked me when chrysler was coming out with a new car and I showed him pics of the concept around April/May of last year and he said he liked it. Then he asked when it would be out and I told him spring of 2004. I think he told me that was too long. :confused: I insisted that he wait but as stubborn as he is, he traded the '01 in for an '04. He told me that he went to take the '01 in for service and while it was being serviced, he looked at the '04. Becasue the '04s offered navigation, he had to jump on it. :rolleyes:

The price of the C he ordered came up to $35k. When I heard that figure from the saleswoman, I was confused because he told me he ordered it fully loaded. I asked her if it was fully loaded and she told me that the only two items not ordered were the Uconnect and sunroof. Otherwise, it was fully loaded. But that still didn't sound right to me. I looked at the sticker and discovered that HID was not ordered nor was the Sound group II package. Darcars was selling the car at MSRP.

The car appearantly was sold 3 days later. I think I saw it on the road with temp tags near White Oak. Could have been another car.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Correct me if I’m wrong. Fully loaded means every option available NO matter how small. Example, my car did not come with the smokers group or the block heater. I therefore would not say that my car IS full loaded. Granted, these would be simple things to ADD, they are not included on my build sheet.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
indyCoder said:
Correct me if I’m wrong. Fully loaded means every option available NO matter how small. Example, my car did not come with the smokers group or the block heater. I therefore would not say that my car IS full loaded. Granted, these would be simple things to ADD, they are not included on my build sheet.
I disagree. Fully loaded would be all factory options that can't be added later. I don't think leaving out the smokers package and block heater would classify a car not fully loaded. Technically it is but I think you could still call your car fully loaded.

·
Registered
58 Posts
No way, fully loaded is fully loaded! You gotta have everything, smoker or not. Fully loaded is having all the options that can be got at the time of buying the car, if you add even more like a stereo or something after all that then your car is super loaded or something.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Fully loaded here in Missisippi means carrying five drunks plus a cooler with two cases of beer in the trunk. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.