Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '06 300C with stock 18" rims.

What is the correct size tire?

Engine turns 1980 rpm @ 65 mph. with tires on car now. The tires even 'look' small on car.

I'm thinking I could put a taller tire to knock the engine rpm's down and gain fuel mileage.

What size should be on the car?

·
Registered
643 Posts
Proper size is 225/60/18
I have become aware that that is a weird size and quality tires are a little expensive

I found an awesome deal in my area for a set of 235/60/18.
According to TIRE CALCULATOR if I'm going 65, my speedo will read 66.
a 1 MPH difference I can live with when the tires haev about 98% tread left and the cost was $200 which included the tires, mounting and balancing

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
You would probably not even get significantly better mileage with the small drop in rpm from a bigger diameter tire and would have to live with an inaccurate speedometer (unless you have a Predator). Plus. you would sacrifice some performance which is something most of us don't like to loose. If you are that concerned with mileage, you will want to get a larger diameter without increasing tire cross section so that means going to a 70 series tire. Can you get a 70 series 18" tire that isn't a truck tire? I never thought my tires looked small on my car even when stock. On the contrary, I have had people (who owned your typical econo car) comment that my stock wheels looked huge. With the 245/55/18's I have now, the wheels definitely look substantial. On the other hand, if you are talking about how the wheels fill the wheel well openings, that is a matter of taste. Enthusiasts who want to reduce the gap usually lower the car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
By the way does anybody know range of tire sizes that will fit on stock 18s on 300c awd and what do you think is the best summer size ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wider tires on a 300 c awd with stock rims

By the way does anybody know range of tire sizes that will fit on stock 18s on 300c awd and what do you think is the best summer size ?
Wider tires on a 2006 300 c awd with stock rims : I have chceked with several web sites and stores and no one can confirm (even the dealer) if you can go to a wider higher performance tire as an 18" 55 235

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wider tires on a 2006 300 c awd with stock rims : I have chceked with several web sites and stores and no one can confirm (even the dealer) if you can go to a wider higher performance tire as an 18" 55 235
Hello,
I live in France and I have just bought a Chrysler 300c Hemi AWD. The seller has fitted it with 275/40/20 tyres on the rear and 245/45/20 on the front. That means the car has identical diameter front and rear but wider tyres on the rear than on the front. Could that be a problem on an all wheel drive car? Thank you very much for any answer you can give me: we don't get much help for this type of car in Paris,
Regards, Vincent

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
With the tire diameters being identical I'd think you'll be good to go. The tire width doesn't figure into the situation.

·
Registered
2 Posts
With the tire diameters being identical I'd think you'll be good to go. The tire width doesn't figure into the situation.
Thank you very much for answering my question. I truly appreciate it. I'm happy I can be reassured too!
Best regards,
v-huit

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wider tires on a 300 c awd with stock rims

235 /55R18 is what I have on mine and am confused because no one else has mentioned this size and I'm wondering if I need a different one

1 - 10 of 10 Posts