Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off let me start by saying I am glad to be visiting your site. I have test driven a couple 300C's and they are very nice cars. I am not here to start any kind of a fight. Just here to see what your car offers. Anyway, I live in the Motor City and they are filming a new movie here with 300C's being used as police cars in the movie. Just thought I would let you know. I forgot the name of the movie but when I find out what the name is I will post it for you guys.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
7,117 Posts
bigslim said:
First off let me start by saying I am glad to be visiting your site. I have test driven a couple 300C's and they are very nice cars. I am not here to start any kind of a fight. Just here to see what your car offers. Anyway, I live in the Motor City and they are filming a new movie here with 300C's being used as police cars in the movie. Just thought I would let you know. I forgot the name of the movie but when I find out what the name is I will post it for you guys.
Wow, you must have visited some other not-so-friendly forums, huh? Not the case here, we welcome your visit and thank you for the heads-up on the film! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,231 Posts
I am not my car. My car is not my personality. Repeat.

bigslim said:
First off let me start by saying I am glad to be visiting your site. I have test driven a couple 300C's and they are very nice cars. I am not here to start any kind of a fight. Just here to see what your car offers. Anyway, I live in the Motor City and they are filming a new movie here with 300C's being used as police cars in the movie. Just thought I would let you know. I forgot the name of the movie but when I find out what the name is I will post it for you guys.
Fear not Marauder Man - we like all great American cars here and do not incorporate any particular vehicle into our personal identity - right fellas? ;)
Anywho, are you sure that the cops are driving 300 "Cs" in this movie. Now that would be a "bad" thing! :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
901 Posts
Imagine That

Thanks for the info BigSlim, 300's used by Cops, hey maybe I will put that in the suggestion box at work for my Chief of Police to see. :) :) who knows maybe DCX can replace our fleet! Wow I would have the best of both worlds at work and home!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
I don't think i'll want a 300c if cops are driving them. cause everytime I look at a crown victoria or a intrepid im just like eh...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,399 Posts
I have seen the following vehicles in and around Los Angeles being used as legitimate highway patrol vehicles.

Mustang 5.0
Camaro SS
Volvo 850 Wagon
Volvo S60
ZR1 Corvette

I believe if you are so inclined, you can make your own car a police car, someone correct me if I'm wrong. I highly doubt a police budget allowing a Volvo S60 or a ZR1 Corvette to join the ranks.

The Volvo 850 Wagon was the coolest. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
rogue said:
I have seen the following vehicles in and around Los Angeles being used as legitimate highway patrol vehicles.

Mustang 5.0
Camaro SS
Volvo 850 Wagon
Volvo S60
ZR1 Corvette

I believe if you are so inclined, you can make your own car a police car, someone correct me if I'm wrong. I highly doubt a police budget allowing a Volvo S60 or a ZR1 Corvette to join the ranks.

The Volvo 850 Wagon was the coolest. :D
Ain't property forefeitures from drug busts grand?!?!?!?!?! The more I see police forces driving around in "non-standard issue" vehicles the better the job they must be doing!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
203 Posts
The CHP buys Camaros. The local office has a white one, brand new, with the CHP decals and all the lights and trimmings.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
I think the C would make a great police car, and it won't bother me if they start popping up on various forces. More likely the Magnum though, or a non wagon version of it. Redman - can we see what it would look like?

One thing you will never see on the cop versions are the wheels. A $3000 set of wheels on a cop car? Nope, back to steel wheels and tiny hubcaps. Or at least the 21st century version, whatever that is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,231 Posts
300C Police Car

SilverHemi said:
I think the C would make a great police car, and it won't bother me if they start popping up on various forces. More likely the Magnum though, or a non wagon version of it. Redman - can we see what it would look like?
Not a good thing to see in the rear view. :eek:
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,564 Posts
Not a good thing to see in the rear view. :eek:
While I waited for my C for 13 weeks, and have driven it for the past 2 months, I have developed a six sense for noticing/seeing any C's and Magnums on the road. So that will be good if cops start driving C's or Magnums. I will have already developed a fully functional and robust internal radar system by the time they show up on patrol :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If it's anything like my first Marauder (black in color) people would slow down and get out of my way when I was coming up behind them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
629 Posts
Bigslim, same thing happened to me in my marquis before I got this car. Here in Jersey, a lot of state troopers use the silver cars as a low profile cruiser, so people would haul-ass outta my way. I miss that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,231 Posts
Fear this!

joey said:
While I waited for my C for 13 weeks, and have driven it for the past 2 months, I have developed a six sense for noticing/seeing any C's and Magnums on the road. So that will be good if cops start driving C's or Magnums. I will have already developed a fully functional and robust internal radar system by the time they show up on patrol :p
Here's the police car image burned into my internal radar system. :eek:
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,547 Posts
Redman said:
Here's the police car image burned into my internal radar system. :eek:
Wow, those are ugly! Maybe they could buy 300C's or Magnums under the guise of a "beautification" project!:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,231 Posts
Over there

Dscottsanders said:
I hope the cops are just driving them in the movie, Im in Germany and I doubt the Polizei will upgrade that much.
Germany?
Wie ist es, der mein Bruder geht?
Sind Sie vorbereiten für die messianische Mission Ausführung von Amerika? :eek:
And how 'bout that Dieter dude - he's the shizzle, nein?
Goodluck with the Teutonic, err,..., I mean European Union - could you please pass the all grown-up automotive licensing regulations?
Danke!
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top