Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Banned
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TZ,
Youre the mod king. How much do you think it would cost to modify a set of stock mirrors to put leds in the housing, like the Benz's have? I would install the mirrors myself, but cant mod the housing and install the led's. This is something I am very interested in. Any input would help out greatly.

·
Banned
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With all these dittos it looks like this will be worth TZ's time. Thanx for the support all.

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
like the exact benz housings ? or just like the chrome ones that are already available ? if u guys want it , we can do it.:fing02:

tz

·
Banned
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
like the exact benz housings ? or just like the chrome ones that are already available ? if u guys want it , we can do it.:fing02:

tz
Actually, I was thinking of a flat led lens that would sit flush with our mirror housings. That way when I color match tint the led signals, you wont even be able to tell they are there unless I turn on the turn signal. The way I envision it you would have to cut a section out of the mirror's back plastic to install the leds. Youre the expert though, let me know if Im way out in left field. I havent seen the chrome ones available for the C's, where do I go to find those?

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
let me get this straight , im a bit of a scatterbrain right now ....lol

flush with the mirror on the inside like the 07s ? or flush with the outside chrome part of the mirror ?

tz

·
Banned
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
let me get this straight , im a bit of a scatterbrain right now ....lol

flush with the mirror on the inside like the 07s ? or flush with the outside chrome part of the mirror ?

tz
flush with the outside chrome, so it looks smooth with out a bubble out effect.

·
Registered
347 Posts
This would definitely be a modification I would be in on if you could get the light flush with the chrome mirror on the outside. I think it would look sick.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I got a pm from tommyz saying that he's looking into the strips for the mirrors and he should have a prototype finished in about two weeks. I think we all know it will look sick when it's finished.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I'm sure after tommyz finishes the prototype and posts the pictures it will be unbelievable interest in this modification.

·
Banned
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Glad I spoke up and started this thread.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts