Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
As some of you know I moved to the dark side a few weeks ago, got rid of my beloved 300 and got the new dodge Nitro, I did promise I would keep in touch and tell you weather I’d made the right decision!!

Well here goes:-

300c
Style and looks external 10/10
Style and looks internal 8/10
Comfort 9/10
Performance 9/10
Running costs 8/10
Practibilty 8/10
Wow factor 10/10

Nitro
Style and looks external, 9/10
Style and looks internal, 7/10
Comfort 8/10
Performance 8/10
Running costs 7/10
Practibilty 9/10
Wow factor 9/10

Two different types of car obviously, but so far I do like the nitro, it has a couple of advantages, 4 wheel drive great in the snow, its nice to have a rear wiper again, and the turning circle is far better than the 300, also for rear seat passengers there is seat adjustment
The spec on the Nitro is very similar to the 300 (I’ve gone for top spec) but no sat nav,
So overall the Nitro is good, but if I’m honest not quite in the same league as the 300.
I have only got a couple of pics up to now, so apologies if its not you cup of tea!!

Take care & I might still return one day!!

Trev
P.S I’ve asked Murphy the cat to keep an eye on you lot!

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Thanks for keeping us updated and giving us your viewpoints on the comparison with the Nitro. I do like that colour if not the vehicle style. Did you measure the width of your driveway before purchase - that sure is tight but my last house was a bit like that and with the front door overlooking the drive too.
All the best and continue to keep in touch - Murph is going off on holiday so you will have to keep a weather eye on us in his absence.
Cheers John

·
Registered
981 Posts
My son just recently purchased a black Nitro. It even looks better parked next to my balck CRD 300C. My number plate is CRD-01 , he reckons he is going to get CRD-02. Pitty it needs a new door skin already. His missus didn't realise how wide it was when she went shopping in it. :scared:

·
Registered
134 Posts
I've got to say I like it but having had Voyagers as my last 3 cars I was really happy to give up the School run and the need for the Kiddie carrier. Purely selfish reason to get the 300. Hope you enjoy anyway.

ATB Gizmo.

·
Registered
58 Posts
My Son is picking up a new Wrangler(2.8 CRD) in the next week. Tempted to trade in my Hilux for one. I like the idea of the removable top.

Test drove the Nitro, did not like the fact that it did not have a low range gearbox or a full size spare (Space saver no good in the middle of a field) Other than that it was OK.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hi Trev.
I will not let my wife see the picture. She has a Dodge Caliber and that's more than enough. I do like the colour of your Nitro but are you saying the mpg is worse than our beloved 300c.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Good grief! My better half has ordered an inferno red Nitro CRD SXT Auto to replace her Grand Overland we collect her in about a month.
ESther is very excited about the Dodge so I am delighted to read your report. I see its an SXT but is it the CRD or V6 and auto/manual?

·
Registered
522 Posts
we laugh really hard and long at those where I am from. Sorry , but I honestly can't see any self respecting man driving one of those god awful boxes...... they won't even be around next year ......... Can't believe you spent more to step down into a NITRO....
Heres the real way the stats should look....
300c
Style and looks external 10/10
Style and looks internal 8/10
Comfort 9/10
Performance 9/10
Running costs 8/10
Practibilty 8/10
Wow factor 10/10

Nitro
Style and looks external, 2/10
Style and looks internal, 2/10
Comfort 8/10
Performance 4/10
Running costs 4/10
Practibilty 6/10
Wow factor 1/10

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good grief! My better half has ordered an inferno red Nitro CRD SXT Auto to replace her Grand Overland we collect her in about a month.
ESther is very excited about the Dodge so I am delighted to read your report. I see its an SXT but is it the CRD or V6 and auto/manual?

mines the CRD Auto,with full leather.

Not everyone's cup tea I Know, as per previous post, but this is the UK, in the states they are 2 a penny, and get bad reviews (havn't got that many good reviews over here yet)

But I like it, apart from the MPG, not to good at the moment 22.3...ouch, but it still feels tight!

·
Registered
758 Posts
mines the CRD Auto,with full leather.

But I like it, apart from the MPG, not to good at the moment 22.3...ouch, but it still feels tight!
Same as we have ordered but it will depend on stock if we get leather or cloth.Esther wanted inferno red too with the burnt copper second choice.

The 2.8 is a very tight engine new and can take 7>10K to loosen fully but our Cherokee 2.8 CRD Ltd. Auto, started at 23mpg rose to 28mpg by 10K miles

Not everyones taste true but different enough in the UK to still be a head turner.

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Nice to see you're still around Derek. Hope things are settling down for you - remember to come over and see us at New Lanark on the 4th May. If you want to join us for the meal by all means phone the hotel and book your seat(s).
Cheers John

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hmmmm, the Nitro is in my opion no match at all for the 300C. Attrackted by its appearance I made a testdrive in a Nitro. But after 15 minutes I drove it back to the dealer and changed it to a 300C testdrive. What a difference!

The Nitro handles like a a cheap version of a Wrangler Jeep without the offroad qualities. On the road it is (in my humble opinion) no drive at all: it handles like an old Citroen 2CV.

When I entered the 300C a whole new world opende up to me (and its not like I'm driving a ****ty car right now: a Cadillac CTS 3.2 2004). The 300C is big, its cool and it handles like a real road-car.

So gess what: on may 14th the cristal black 300CRD is going to be mine!

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
Hmmmm, the Nitro is in my opion no match at all for the 300C. Attrackted by its appearance I made a testdrive in a Nitro. But after 15 minutes I drove it back to the dealer and changed it to a 300C testdrive. What a difference!

The Nitro handles like a a cheap version of a Wrangler Jeep without the offroad qualities. On the road it is (in my humble opinion) no drive at all: it handles like an old Citroen 2CV.

When I entered the 300C a whole new world opende up to me (and its not like I'm driving a ****ty car right now: a Cadillac CTS 3.2 2004). The 300C is big, its cool and it handles like a real road-car.

So gess what: on may 14th the cristal black 300CRD is going to be mine!
well its a lot better than that vauxhall vectra(saab) you're driving:pat:

·
Registered
7 Posts
well its a lot better than that vauxhall vectra(saab) you're driving:pat:
Hmmm to be honest: it is not (better than my vauxall :)) but apart from that: when I got my vauxall the 300C was not available for lease yet, I'm going to pick mine up on May the 14th, so then it's goodby saab/vectra/vauxall :nana:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts