Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that most readers of this site are probably biased towards the 300C, but I'd like some opinions from people that have driven/owned both. Despite the many similarities between the two, I don't recall anyone having compared them before. Thanks in advance for your candid observations and recommendations.

·
Registered
629 Posts
The Maxima is a good riding car, IMO softer than the C. The interior is not as nice, it's not as quiet. The engine is a gem, but needs to be revved to make power, and is a little loud as a result. It is not as fast as the 300C and IMO is ugly ugly ugly. Had a Maxima owner next to me at the gas pump telling me for five minutes how he wished he had seen the 300C before he bought the Maxima. Both cars were on my list, but any desire for the front wheel drive Maxima died instantly upon driving the C.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I liked the older Maxima, but the new one is just hideous to me. Nissan's 3.5 V6 is a very nice engine, however, and in the Altima, it feels very torquey.

In terms of value, though, the Maxima is just not a contender. If I chose a Japanese car, I'd be MUCH more inclined toward the Acura TL. I recommended a TL to a friend late last year (the 300 wasn't available and it wasn't on my radar).

I still think the TL is an excellent car, but the driving experience is a bit sterile. It is such a well-built car and the interior is lovely, however, it just didn't EXCITE me. The bellow of the 300's V8 makes me tingle and the visual impression of the car is unmistakeable... nobody will confuse it for an Accord!

The Maxima is just not a good value by comparison to the 300. If you HAD to buy a Japanese car, there are several others I would pick first.

Personally, I can't wait to be behind the wheel of a V8 car again. My car is scheduled to be built in four days, and will arrive sometime next week.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey Crispie,

The Maxima is a very nice car for someone
who values a powerful engine in a relatively
small, refined, and luxurious car.

But don't forget that it is front wheel drive,
which pretty much leaves it out of the
"fun to push through corners" game.

Believe me, I have a Deville Concours, which
is a wonderful car during sedate-to-moderate
driving. At anything over 7/10's it politely says
"Excuse me, but you're wasting your time,
and your front tires."

Best,

George Ferguson

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
crispiegee said:
Personally, I can't wait to be behind the wheel of a V8 car again. My car is scheduled to be built in four days, and will arrive sometime next week.
Based upon others' comments, tracking my own order, and talking to dealers and support at the tracking phone line, I think you are being way overly optimistic here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts